Outsider Spread Picks

I am trying something that I at least have never tried before. I will try to pick outsiders around the 10/1 - 20/1 mark and then use spread betting for my bets. The advantage of spread betting is that you sort of get e/w bets all in one. All my bets will be 'buy' bets. The points on offer are 50-25-10 or sometimes 50-30-20-10 for larger fields. My first bets are: Catterick 3.30 Ballybunion 6-8 (50-30-20-10) Catterick 4.30 Coccinelle 1-3 (50-25-10) Catterick 5.30 Glorious Westport 8-11 (50-30-20-10)

Re: Outsider Spread Picks Good luck, Pedigreechump6, just in case you thought no one was following your thread...I think that we spread bettors are in the minority here, even on the world's biggest betting forum.........:\ I've not considered spread betting on the horses, but I am sure one could trade in sells on some of the newspaper tipster's tips! :loon

Re: Outsider Spread Picks Thanks for the encouragement spreadman. Reslutls for today: Musselburgh 3.30 Lyndalee 4-6 (50-25-10) nowhere :@ Musselburgh 4.30 Highland Warrior 6-8 (50-30-20-10) nowhere:@ Lingfield 4.50 Zerlina 4-6 (50-30-20-10) 3rd. :clap Lingfield 5.20 Reaching Out 5-7 (50-30-20-10)2nd. :clap Daily Profit/Loss = +23 Starting Bank 100 Bets 7 Wins 3 Profit/Loss +62 Current Bank 162 Still going well, will come back down to earth soon no doubt.

Re: Outsider Spread Picks :clap Going well, Mr. P, hopefully a few punters will visit this thread and realise the great profit potential that spread betting has. If you have confidence in your selections, and a large enough bank, you might like to consider using a staking plan that I have developed for my football spreadbets. It requires a 1 unit stake increase after each losing bet.To best illustrate this, I can use your selections for today: Race 1- buy at 6 for 1 unit, result = lose 6 pts. Race 2- increase stake to 2 units after loss, so, buy at 8 for 2 units = 16 pts. total stake. Result = lose 16 pts. Race 3- buy at 6 for 3 units, result = win 14x3 pts.= win 42pts. Race 4- stake back down to 1 unit, after a win, so buy at 7 for 1 unit, result = win 23 pts. Day's total profit = -6, -16, +42, +23, = +43 pts. I must stress that a losing run will soon drain your bank, but in this instance, you can increase your overall profit by 20 points. :D

Re: Outsider Spread Picks I like the idea of the staking plan, but as I am trying to pick outsiders to win it is innevitable that sooner or later I will have a losing streak. I always like to keep away from systems or staking plans that require me to increase my stake, and with spread betting the risks are even more apparent. I think the reason a lot of people don't like spread betting is the fact that you can lose more than your original stake, but I just adjust my stakes accordingly; you can always work out exactly how much you could lose in worst case scenarios. Also, maybe a lot of people don't really understand the principle of spread betting and just stay away for that reason.

Re: Outsider Spread Picks Agree with you entirely, Mr. P.. I must admit that the concept of spread betting and its terminology prevented me from taking the first tentative steps, which I now regret, as I believe the more you spread bet, the more you learn, the more confident you become; the more data, results, etc. you can compile, the more accurate your trades should become. In my relatively short time as a PL forum member I have tried to convince 'normal' fixed odds and system bettors that spread betting is easy to understand, and profitable, providing you follow a few simple rules. I understand your reluctance to use a staking system, and with your particular strategy of selecting outsiders to win, it could place a strain upon your betting bank. I will shortly be starting a thread that, hopefully will show that a steady profit can be made with football trades, and, based on this premise, new punters will consider opening spread betting acccounts, and discovering a new source of income. Here's to profit :ok

Re: Outsider Spread Picks Initial picks for today, although they may change if spreads are not favourable: Salisbury 4.25 Mount Benger Thirsk 4.45 Night Sight Newcastle 5.30 Noble Mount Newcastle 7.00 Blue Maeve I only take spreads with a 'buy' price of 10 or less, so some of these may be diaqualified on that basis. Won't be around later so will update tonight or tomorrow...

Re: Outsider Spread Picks No winners today, but I can't seem to find the spreads for the horses I selected. Wasn't around to check at the time of the race, but will try and find them later. At most, my loss could have been 40 points, but that is worse case scenario (i.e. all horses had a buy bet of 10) Things were bound to go wrong at some point...

Re: Outsider Spread Picks Still can't find the spreads for the 26th. but at a rough guess I'd say I would have lost about 34pts so that is what I will call it. My selections for today are: Warwick 2.35 Spindor (50-30-20-10) Ripon 3.00 Bold Chevrak 6-8 (50-30-20-10) Chepstow 3.40 Cois Na Tine Eile (50-30-20-10) spreads for the 2.35 and 3.40 to follow...