Tri-Nations : Australia v South Africa (20th Aug)

10pts Australia to beat South Africa (2.28 @ Betfair) I think this is a cracking bet with massive value on it. The Wallabies may be out of realistic contention for the Tri-Nations, but let us be under no illusions they'd still want to put up a good performance in their final home match of the Tri-Nations. Just some stats to back up why SA are over-rated here : SA haven't beaten the Wallabies in Australia since '98 and the Wallabies haven't lost 4 consecutive test matches in almost 25 years. Add that to the fact the Springboks just got turned over(30-12 win) on their last visit to the Telstra Dome on 9th July and it certainly doesn't make much sense to believe the SA are a worthy 1.72-1.80 shot. With the exception of Larkham, I don't think the Wallabies will be missing anyone of much significance whose job will not be covered adequately by the deputies Eddie Jones has picked and I'd pretty much fancy the Wallabies to nick this one. Afterall, the Wallabies at home are no less formiddable a proposition than the Springboks when they play at home and considering how close the Wallabies were in their Tri-Nations away game to SA(with Pretorius getting a drop goal right at the death to get a 22-16 result which I thought flattered SA enormously), I feel the onus will very much lie with the hosts to get a result in front of their home crowd - and I'm pretty confident they won't dissapoint. Team News(as found on BBC) : Australia: Drew Mitchell, Mat Rogers, Morgan Turinui, Matt Giteau, Lote Tuqiri, Elton Flatley, George Gregan ©, Bill Young, Brendan Cannon, Al Baxter, Daniel Vickerman, Nathan Sharpe, Rocky Elsom, Phil Waugh, David Lyons. Replacements: Stephen Moore, Matt Dunning, Mark Chisholm, George Smith, Chris Whitaker, Clyde Rathbone, Adam Ashley-Cooper. South Africa: Percy Montgomery, Breyton Paulse, Jaque Fourie, Jean de Villiers, Bryan Habana, Andre Pretorious, Ricky Januarie; Os du Randt, John Smit ©, CJ van der Linde, Bakkies Botha, Victor Matfield, Schalk Burger, Juan Smith, Joe van Niekerk. Replacements: Hanyani Shimange, Gurthro Steenkamp, Albert van den Berg, Jacques Cronje, Fourie du Preez, Wayne Julies, Jaco van der Westhuyzen. Cheers & Good Luck! :ok

Re: Tri-Nations : Australia v South Africa (20th Aug) Ed, With the tennis results going against you this week and the Wallabies being given a lesson in how to play rugby football in the first half I would suggest you have had better weeks! Hope it turns round for you in the 2nd half. C

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.