Rugby Union Aus vs NZ

AJ

Just checked the prices for match on Saturday, and I'm astonished at what I found. How anyone can make a injury hit AB's such odds on favs to win away in Sydney defies belief.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

They have a very bad record here, only won 2 from the last 6 visits. They didn't look too smart in their away defeat in SA last wek either.

The aussies are no great shakes, but they've had an extra week to recover from the slogg to SA, and are at home. 2.5 is huge.

NZ 1.53

Aussies 2.5

Draw 17.00

Re: Rugby Union Aus vs NZ

Just checked the prices for match on Saturday' date=' and I'm astonished at what I found. How anyone can make a injury hit AB's such odds on favs to win away in Sydney defies belief.ffice:office" />

They have a very bad record here, only won 2 from the last 6 visits. They didn't look too smart in their away defeat in SA last wek either.

The aussies are no great shakes, but they've had an extra week to recover from the slogg to SA, and are at home. 2.5 is huge.

NZ 1.53

Aussies 2.5

Draw 17.00

I haven't seen too many prices going up at the books I use, but I don't think the Wallabies are that big a value bet(although I'm not disputing the fact the value lies with them considering they're at home, just the extent of the value I feel is questionable) given the fact Latham, Sailor, Larkham(all default starters in most matches anyway) and Mat Rogers will be missing for the Wallabies - once again, I feel Giteau's kicking will prove crucial in deciding the outcome of this match and he'll need a level of consistency that would match that when the Aussies took on SA to stand any chance I feel. More importantly, I don't think the extent of the AB's injuries are as bad as you make them out to be as Weepu's more than an able replacement for Kelleher. If this happens to be another match where tries are at a premium, I'd gladly back the AB's to win this one anytime - solely down to the class in kicking between Carter and Giteau. Anyway, updates on injuries for the Wallabies and All Blacks can be found at http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/international/4130522.stm and http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/international/4131406.stm respectively.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.