MTT Table Balancing

legendkiller

I was thinking about this during last nights freeroll. What was happening last night was that as the tables were being balanced the person who had just been on the button was the one who got moved to a new table. Am I the only one who thinks that this is a bit rough as you have just been through the blinds and you get moved to new table - sometimes with the blinds almost upon you again. You are already being slightly disadvantged as you need to suss out the people at the new table, now you have to pay another set of blinds. Would it not be better to moe the player to the left of the BB instead? Is this the recognised way of doing it, or do different sites employ different rules?

Re: MTT Table Balancing I don't know if you mean the PL freeroll or the one on 365 - but most sites, including prima/party, say that they'll always try to move you further away from your blinds than you were on the previous table, to compensate for being unfamiliar with the players. It actually specifies that in 365's terms, I remember reading it recently. They seem to manage it 90% of the time, but I guess it's not always possible. The only site I've played on that doesn't seem to have this policy at all is Pacific, where I've posted 3 BB's in a row before - but that's in keeping with their general trend of blowing.

Re: MTT Table Balancing Interesting that bet365 do that and promise it. If you play live to balance tables the lowest chips is moved off the table with the most players and plonked on to the shorthanded table. Or there is the rather sad site when a table breaks completely, that everyone is dealt a card and allocated a table. There is then the site of grown overweight men running across the cardroom to try and get as far away from the blinds as possible. I have seen blokes literally sat on top of one another as they fight over a seat. Maybe this is just a Nottingham thing.

Re: MTT Table Balancing Just double checked on the 365 website to make sure I hadn't imagined that, here's what it says: If a Player needs to be moved to maintain balance, the Multi-Player Poker system randomly selects the Player at one of the tables with the most remaining Players, and moves that Player to one of the tables with the least remaining number of Players. The Player that is moved is seated at the new table as far away from the big blind as possible, according to the available seats. This advantage equalizes the disadvantage of being moved to a table where the Player is less familiar with the opponents.

Re: MTT Table Balancing When you don't have a massive ammount of chips, It does really piss you off if you pay the blinds, then end up paying them again almost immediately :( I remember 1 tournament where i ended up getting moved several times and paid the BB 3 times and the SB 2 times within the space of 8 hands :@ Really pissed me off and effectively knocked me out of the tournament:@

Re: MTT Table Balancing

The Player that is moved is seated at the new table as far away from the big blind as possible, according to the available seats. This advantage equalizes the disadvantage of being moved to a table where the Player is less familiar with the opponents.
Yeah, but if its a couple of seats next to each other that are available you can end up being put down utg or on the bb .................. I realise there is no easy solution, but it still pisses me off when it happens:lol

Re: MTT Table Balancing It just depends where you are I think... Some (the majority I think) sites do it seemingly at random, others like bet365 try to put you as far away as possible from the blinds and pokerstars (the best imo) trys to pretty much put you in the same place in relation to the blinds that you were before - which it manages to do very well. In my local live game they move whatever player is going to be on the big blind in the next hand and allocate them a random seat at the other table. Jez