Ladbrokes Ladders!!

GaF

I saw Heniek had a nice result on the ladders - which set me wondering - do enough of us play Ladbrokes Ladders that we could fill a Treble Chance L4 room at some point with PL? - I'm playing L2 at the moment (never played higher) and have about $100 in tokens - so want to build up a few more before attempting level 3 or 4........but if there's enough of us to "hijack" a room - we should start getting those tokens.......

Re: Ladbrokes Ladders!! Thats a good idea. Im sure many of us play there, but no one mentions unless in final round. I had up to 10 games before and could never progress beyond 1st round :eyes. But yesterday bang, from one to the final. There are many loose players and patience pay in those ladders. Anyway I will be away from poker for 4 weeks (hols), so good luck guys.

Re: Ladbrokes Ladders!!

just about to join laddies' date=' can anyone explain what the "ladders" and "treble chance" are?[/quote'] bruise, ladders are basically a series of 4 10 seater STT`s where no money is paid out until the final level. Whats up for grabs in the 1st 3 levels are varying amounts of automatic buy ins to the next one until you get to the 4th and final level. You can buy in at any stage though.

Re: Ladbrokes Ladders!! Ok - this is th eofficial spiel from Ladbrokes.... Ladbrokes Ladders are a series of multi level sit and go tournaments. Instead of awarding Prize Money, they award tokens to Buy-In to the next level (or any level you choose), only at the final level is Prize Money awarded. You are not automatically registered into the next round, you can play the next round whenever you want. Tokens are specific to each individual ladder tournament. For example, tokens won in Ladder Tournament A cannot be used in Ladder Tournament B. Tokens cannot be redeemed for cash at any time. If you have tokens available, they will automatically be used when registering, with any shortfall made up of cash. You can buy-in to any level with cash if you have no tokens available. Ladbrokes reserves the right to cancel any Ladder Tournament promotion at any time with all unused tokens being refunded. Basically - at level 1, you pay $3 to enter - if you finish in the top 3, then you get $10 worth of tokens. Level 2 costs $10 to enter (or one $10 token) - if you finish in the top 3, then you get $30 in tokens which can be used against 3 Level 2 games or one level 3 game and 4th place gets a $10 token back... ..... etc .... Prize money is awarded to the top 3 at level 4. I paid my $3 at level 1 then played continuosly at level 2 - so long as you finish in the top 4 more often than not, then your token count will increase..... There are two types of ladder - The treble chance - which is in the format of a pretty standard STT or Turbo, which has faster rising blinds (and less time to make your decision).

Re: Ladbrokes Ladders!! lol - I need to type faster....... You can but directly into any level you want - but obviously the higher the level you buy into, the more expensive it is......and the higher the standard of play..... Each level is treated as an independent single table tournament - and you can redeem your tokens whenever you like - so you don't have to play all the way through in one go......

Re: Ladbrokes Ladders!! Hi bruise, problem being that its $3 L1, $10 L2, $30 L3 and $100 L4 and theres a theory that those who buy in directly to L4 are likely to be good, although you can also argue that someone who works their way through the lower levels is also likely to be good as well. I've currentlty got $80 in tokens (from my initial $3) and am trying to build it up (say) $150 by replaying L2's again and again using tokens as entries - then I'll skip L3 and do L4 and hopefully get some money, but if I don't I'll still have $50 of tokens to seed my next attempt with (I'm working on the premise that getting into 1st 3 in L2 is a positive expectation if you play reasonably)! They are quite fun games and relatively quick.

Re: Ladbrokes Ladders!! What you do get as well - if you find your level, then you can keep playing and building up tokens for "free" attempts at the prizes - i.e. if you lose, but have tokens in backup you can keep playing at the lower level until you have enough excess tokens for a free attempt at a prize (that's the theory at least - I haven't played above level 2 yet.....but have $100 worth of tokens for my $3 outlay....)

Re: Ladbrokes Ladders!!

so are the tokens stored separately to your normal chips then?
The tokens are stored as a cash value (but seperate from your cash bank - and not exchangable for cash) - they are only usable for Ladders, from Level 2 to level 4 (you can only use cash at level 1)