Betfair 10% Commission?

Just checked through my Betfair account and am a bit shocked to see that I am being charged 10% commission on a lot of Australian markets. Wendy on the helpdesk couldn't provide an explanation - can anyone here?

Here's Wendy's version:

You

at 22:08, Jan 25:
Hi, why did I pay 10% commission on some races overnight?Read
Info
 at 22:09, Jan 25:
We are currently dealing with high volumes of contact, one of our agents will be with you in a couple of minutes. Let us know how we can help.
Info
 at 22:09, Jan 25:
Wendy has received your message & will usually be with you within 2 minutes.
Wendy
 at 22:11, Jan 25:

Good evening Ian, Welcome to our messaging service. 

Checking into it, one moment please.
You
 at 22:16, Jan 25:
Hello?Read
You
 at 22:16, Jan 25:
Anyone there?Read
You
 at 22:20, Jan 25:
Wendy, are you there?Read
Wendy
 at 22:22, Jan 25:

Yes still here I've had a look into your last few bets, from my end it's showing 5% commission, can you provide me one bet id as an example so I'll be able to look into the reason of 10% commission please?
You
 at 22:22, Jan 25:
OK,Read
You
 at 22:24, Jan 25:
Bet XXXXXXXXX, £5 win, 50p commissionRead
You
 at 22:24, Jan 25:
This has been happening for a whileRead
You
 at 22:25, Jan 25:
XXXXXXXX, XXXXXXXXX etcRead
You
 at 22:27, Jan 25:
bet XXXXXXXXXXX on 10th Jan etcRead
Wendy
 at 22:29, Jan 25:

Thanks for the bets. I'm checking into it bear with me for a moment please.
You
 at 22:29, Jan 25:
I can't find anywhere saying you charge 10% to UK customers (or any customers)Read
You
 at 22:32, Jan 25:
XXXXXXXXXXX on 5 Jan, 10.4% on XXXXXXXXXXX and others 1st JanRead
Wendy
 at 22:35, Jan 25:

The standard commission rate is 5%, however some markets may have different commission. I'm just checking on the markets. 
You
 at 22:39, Jan 25:
"The 'Market Base Rate' (MBR) is the maximum commission rate you pay on a market and is determined by your country of residence."Read
You
 at 22:41, Jan 25:
Max anywhere is 7%Read
Wendy
 at 22:45, Jan 25:

I'm afraid that commission rate was because it was an Australian Market. All the bets you have provided are on an Australian Market hence why the 10 % commission. 

In this case what I can do is run this by the management and see if there's anything we can do in relation as I'm afraid that Australian markets may have different commission rate, it would be available on the information centre when you access the bet (i). 

Bear with me a little longer please. 
You
 at 22:47, Jan 25:
Your help says MBR is determined by country of residence, nothing about where events occur...Read
You
 at 22:50, Jan 25:
10% is excessive imoRead
You
 at 22:53, Jan 25:
Other Australian markets have charged 6%?Read
Wendy
 at 22:56, Jan 25:

I've tried to access the markets to check on the % but I'm afraid it's not letting me access those specific markets. What I can do in this case is raise it over to our team to have these markets looked into thoroughly. 

From there I can get back to you with what happened in relation and what we can do about this to sort it out, if that's ok with you.
You
 at 22:57, Jan 25:
Sure. I'll check on the betting forums to see whether it has happened to others - someone will have an explanation.Delivered