Rugby League: NRL Round 20

Hi all,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Does anyone follow the NRL on the punters lounge?

I am by no means an NRL expert, but I do follow the sport, this week Parramatta Eels (-10) vs Newcastle Knights interests me.

I know that in the NRL the gulf between the sides in the top & bottom half of the ladder is not as big as in Super League, but surely the Eels can cover the ten points asked of them against the bottom side. The Eels are joint best scorers in the league along with Melbourne, and have one of the best defences.

The Knights on the other hand, being the bottom side, have by far the worst attacking and defensive records in the league, and were soundly beaten 0-50 at home against Parramatta in the earlier rounds. They are now the first NRL side that mathematically cannot make the playoffs, how will this affect them?

A preview of the game taken from the NRL official site, adds further weight to backing Parramatta in this one.

Parramatta Stadium has proven a tough nut to crack for the Newcastle Knights, who have lost the last 10 games played between the clubs out west. In the 31 matches between the two clubs, each side has won 15 with one draw, meaning a win will give the victors the head-to-head edge. The Eels are on a roll at home, having won their last seven games – including their clash which they allocated to Hamilton in New Zealand. Their last loss at Parramatta was in round three against the Sharks.

However, as I said, I’m no NRL boff, but this seems to be a good bet, is there something I’m not getting.......

What are your thoughts??

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.