New Betfred Software

GaF

Re: New Betfred Software I played the $5 freezeout MTT tonight and decided to play the $250 freerole, as well. ..................Big mistake, I have no idea why but this upgrade of the software has removed the buttons that allow you to move from one table to another, it was a bloody nightmare. if you had a hand you were trying to play on each table it was a real struggleangry.gif . Maybe the connection wil be more reliable......... I don't know, But It's certainly no improvement that i can see, more of a big step backwardfrown2.gif

Re: New Betfred Software

I played the $5 freezeout MTT tonight and decided to play the $250 freerole' date=' as well. ..................Big mistake, I have no idea why but this upgrade of the software has removed the buttons that allow you to move from one table to another, it was a bloody nightmare. if you had a hand you were trying to play on each table it was a real struggle[img']http://punterslounge.com/forum/images/smilies/angry.gif . Maybe the connection wil be more reliable......... I don't know, But It's certainly no improvement that i can see, more of a big step backwardfrown2.gif
Agreed - I really liked the way they did multi tables before - now it's multiple windows - the same as everyone else....... I have a 2 monitor setup - and if either window is in the "secondary" monitor, then you cannot open the Stats box or hand history.......... But worst of all......THAT CARPET!!!!!! I'm on Party Poker at the mo - and they're down - in the middle of a tourney (ok - the freeroll!!) - has been "paused" for nearly 1/2 hour now........just a message saying "game will restart shortly" - it's not just Betfred who have problems.....

I'm on Party Poker at the mo - and they're down - in the middle of a tourney (ok - the freeroll!!) - has been "paused" for nearly 1/2 hour now........just a message saying "game will restart shortly" - it's not just Betfred who have problems.....
Well - they never got it up and running again - it was a freeroll, so didn't cost me anything - but they still divided the prize pool amoungst the remaining players - I got $4.89 - not a lot, (but it was a freeroll!!!) but more from the principle of how they dealt with the failure, I'm impressed....... Had the following email through from them today.....looks like a standard form (because they talk of refunded entry fees) - but seems a fair/reasonable way of splitting things when it went down...... Due to unforeseen circumstances we were forced to cancel tournament "$5,000 Freeroll". At the time of cancellation, players were awarded prize money corresponding to the rank to be awarded to the next eliminated player. Following this 50% of the remaining prize pool has been divided equally and 50% has been divided based on the chip count of each remaining player. $4.89 have been added into your account as per the following statement:
Tournament id: 399113Name: $5,000 Freeroll
Buy-In/Entry Fee: $5,000 Freeroll $0.00 / $0.00Total Players to start: 2500
Players at the time of cancellation: 1161 Level at the time of cancellation: 4
Limit: 50.00 / 100.00Total Chips in play: 2500000
Total Buy-in collected = $0.00
Initial Added money = $5,000.00
Prize Money already given = $0.00
Total prize pool = $0.00 + $5,000.00 - $0.00 = $5,000.00
Minimum prize pool award = $0.00 * 1161 = $0.00
Prize pool to be divided equally = ($5,000.00 - $0.00) / 2 = $2,500.00
Prize pool to be divided based on chip count = ($5,000.00 - $0.00) / 2 = $2,500.00
Entry Fee to be refunded = $0.00
When the tournament was called off, you were seated at 'Table 976948' and you had 2735 tournament chips. Your share of the minimum prize pool award = $0.00 Your share in money equally divided = $2,500.00/1161 = $2.15 Your share based on your chip count = $2,500.00 * (2735/2500000) = $2.74 Your entry fee refunded = $0.00 Total money refunded = $4.89 We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. Thank you for playing.

Re: New Betfred Software Talking of this freeroll - does anyone else play it? Registering has become incredibly difficult - Registration opens at 9:21 BST - it is full before 9:23 BST (with all 2500 places!!) - the system really creaks with this pressure of registrations though - you click on the register button and it takes something like a minute before telling you if you're in (or not) A tip if you do try and get into this - I used to miss it (it only takes a small distraction and you're 30 seconds behind and you can't get in) - so I've set Windows Scheduler to automatically open Party Poker at 9:19 BST - that way - if I'm in front of the PC, and I'm not watching the clock, the software opens to remind me.......

When it downloaded the updates it caused my computer to crash :lol but after i restarted it everything was working ok:\ .................... hope you get it sorted out quickly pete :ok
Thanks m8 working no problem:ok , personally finding site a lot more reliable connection in games very good too:ok (but don't like the carpet) lol:rollin

Re: New Betfred Software Logged in playing my first freeroll tourney since Monday right now and ugh, it's an ugly change from the tilt of the table (seems higher) to the display of the chips and cards....as well as the ugly carpet! :lol Looks like it was designed on a Spectrum or something. In principle, it's the same but it's very different and yeah, the neat multi-tabling function is no more which is a shame. Didn't see a need to change the design just the speed and how many clients, the network could handle at any one time needed to be sorted out.