Racing Chat - Saturday 30th Sept

Well hopefully if the weather behaves we have a great weekend of racing coming up ....lots of clues to the guineas next year and some classy types on show so as there is quite a few races to get my teeth in to I may as well start the ball rolling and get rating .....if anyone's got any thoughts on any race just post away ....

Cheveley park 

Polydream   99,12

Threading   99,09 

Clemmie  99.05

These two are a little clear ...well at least 2lengths and on steep upward curves both so I'd be hard pressed to oppose them ...not sure who's going to run ...paddyp are only showing 8 horses from the current 27 entries with pipedream and threading still listed so if I can get a price later in week this race is already sorted for me ...I'll take the two against the field any day .....but I have a suspicion the prices will be naff lol ...Threading is showing 4/1 ...no price polydream 

Edited by richard-westwood

Middle park 

Sands of Mali  99.05

James Garfield  99,03

Us navy flag   99,01

Sioux nation  99,01 

Obviously no certain runners yet but doesn't stop me looking at the race in case a value bet arises ...a lot is obviously going to hinge on the ground ...top 2 are good ground horses ..Us navy flag wouldn't mind any cut ...Sioux nation probably wants it fast which I doubt he will get ....you have to respect o brien in these big races so us navy flag looks his strongest hand ...ran a cracker last time but hasn't beaten a lot to date and this is much tougher ...James Garfield ran a huge race the other day ..questions over this will come too soon when taking on such lofty opposition because you have to be at your very best ....Sands of Mali looks tailor made for this ...r fahey no mug and will have this horse primed to perfection ....destroyed his group 2 opposition and looked to have so much more in the tank so his rating above may be far below his capability ......definately the horse I want to be on in this with a run 

On 24/09/2017 at 10:12 PM, richard-westwood said:

Well hopefully if the weather behaves we have a great weekend of racing coming up ....lots of clues to the guineas next year and some classy types on show so as there is quite a few races to get my teeth in to I may as well start the ball rolling and get rating .....if anyone's got any thoughts on any race just post away ....

Cheveley park 

Polydream   99,12

Threading   99,09 

Clemmie  99.05

These two are a little clear ...well at least 2lengths and on steep upward curves both so I'd be hard pressed to oppose them ...not sure who's going to run ...paddyp are only showing 8 horses from the current 27 entries with pipedream and threading still listed so if I can get a price later in week this race is already sorted for me ...I'll take the two against the field any day .....but I have a suspicion the prices will be naff lol ...Threading is showing 4/1 ...no price polydream 

No polydream ...so this is looking a straight battle between clemmie and threading ....wouldn't want to call it with o brien going up against Johnston ...two very powerful stables and Johnston does well with his sprinters ....9/2 isn't enough for e.w bet so I'll have both run for me and try and squeeze a bit of profit out that way

Threading 4pts win 9/2 pp

cLemmie  8pts win 7/4 willh

My current ratings for the Cambridgeshire 

Novoman     99,13

Big country   99.11

These two are currently a little clear ...big country has strong form lines having ran so well in the John Smith's so warrants serious attention around current 12/1 quotes ...also Novoman has been posting some very decent performances and will get a nice low weight for this if turning up ...20/1 quotes look outstanding value currently but waiting for field to finalise before jumping in 

On 26/09/2017 at 9:44 AM, richard-westwood said:

My current ratings for the Cambridgeshire 

Novoman     99,13

Big country   99.11

These two are currently a little clear ...big country has strong form lines having ran so well in the John Smith's so warrants serious attention around current 12/1 quotes ...also Novoman has been posting some very decent performances and will get a nice low weight for this if turning up ...20/1 quotes look outstanding value currently but waiting for field to finalise before jumping in 

Final ratings .....still roughly the same ...so in such a huge race may as well go for it and take a shot at a big win ....you gotta be in it 

Novoman  99.13

Big country 99.11

Naval warfare  99.10

You could stick a pin in this race but these three are a little clear of the rest of the field so I may as well take all 3 against the field with potentially 35 runners currently .....3 against 35?? ..gulp 

N ovoman 10pts win 25/1 betvic 

Big country 10pts win  12/1 bet365

Naval warfare 10pts win 16/1 willhill

Re-rated gold cup ...only 17 runners allowed so rated the current top 17 

Aeolus  99.11

Stake acclaim 99.08

Eastern impact  99l07 

Aeolus has been top of my ratings for this since day 1 .....but other two have claims too ...Stake acclaim I fancied to win couple weeks ago but he disappointed big time but it would not surprise me if he bounces back to form now ....Eastern impact hasn't shown much lately but looks fairly treated and represents fahey so needs respect decent prices so roll with all 3 

Aeolus 5pts win 12/1 bet365

Stake acclaim 5pts win 16/1 bet365

Eastern impact 5pts win 33/1 pp

Royal lodge

Masar  99.16

Nelson  99.13

Looks between these two on paper ...Nelson represents o brien so will be very popular especially if Ryan takes the ride but masar is a very fast horse recording 105 over 7f on the bit so is potentially a 110 + horse so that will make him extremely hard to catch by anyone if he runs to that ....you can back both currently for a profit at 2/1 and 7/2 but hey nothing ventured nothing gained so I'll go all in on masar and hope he runs to his 110 

Masar 20pts win 7/2 paddyp 

• BillyHills changed the title to Racing Chat - Saturday 30th Sept

345 Ripon

Golden Apollo 5/1 Bet365

A big handicap here at Ripon and i just like the look of Golden Apollo from the in form Tim Easterby yard. I'm not sure what happened at Newmarket two starts back when he was backed into favouritism for a Class 2 event, he finished only 9th that day but made amends last time out at Ascot in the Shergar Cup. He should be held up for a late run and hopefully can avoid any traffic problems.

On 24/09/2017 at 10:12 PM, richard-westwood said:

Cheveley park 

Polydream   99,12

Threading   99,09 

Clemmie  99.05

Clemmie is the only one running but 11/8 is too short so one to watch ......haha just realised ive already backed him .....imma div sometimes ...coulda sworn i was gonna wait ..oh well 

Edited by richard-westwood

On 24/09/2017 at 10:58 PM, richard-westwood said:

Middle park 

Sands of Mali  99.05

James Garfield  99,03

Us navy flag   99,01

Sioux nation  99,01 

Obviously no certain runners yet but doesn't stop me looking at the race in case a value bet arises ...a lot is obviously going to hinge on the ground ...top 2 are good ground horses ..Us navy flag wouldn't mind any cut ...Sioux nation probably wants it fast which I doubt he will get ....you have to respect o brien in these big races so us navy flag looks his strongest hand ...ran a cracker last time but hasn't beaten a lot to date and this is much tougher ...James Garfield ran a huge race the other day ..questions over this will come too soon when taking on such lofty opposition because you have to be at your very best ....Sands of Mali looks tailor made for this ...r fahey no mug and will have this horse primed to perfection ....destroyed his group 2 opposition and looked to have so much more in the tank so his rating above may be far below his capability ......definately the horse I want to be on in this with a run 

Sands of Mali  7pts win 4/1 will hill

Us navy flag 3pts win 12/1 will h

4 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

Clemmie is the only one running but 11/8 is too short so one to watch ......haha just realised ive already backed him .....imma div sometimes ...coulda sworn i was gonna wait ..oh well 

Ignore that crap i was fallin asleep been a hard week ...both still running i was seeing stars i think 

There's been a fair bit of rain about so I'm keeping my stakes to a minimum  - and going for a couple of outsiders

Chester  3.05   Art Echo 

Has decent form on soft but he is a bit hit and miss - still -  20-1 looks generous

Haydock  3.15   Glenrowen Rose

Had been running well until pulled up last time and so a bit of a dodgy bet but at her best she is in with a chance here so  28-1 looks fair to me

On 26/09/2017 at 9:16 AM, richard-westwood said:

No polydream ...so this is looking a straight battle between clemmie and threading ....wouldn't want to call it with o brien going up against Johnston ...two very powerful stables and Johnston does well with his sprinters ....9/2 isn't enough for e.w bet so I'll have both run for me and try and squeeze a bit of profit out that way

Threading 4pts win 9/2 pp

cLemmie  8pts win 7/4 willh

Good start 22pts returned 

On 27/09/2017 at 6:23 PM, richard-westwood said:

Re-rated gold cup ...only 17 runners allowed so rated the current top 17 

Aeolus  99.11

Stake acclaim 99.08

Eastern impact  99l07 

Aeolus has been top of my ratings for this since day 1 .....but other two have claims too ...Stake acclaim I fancied to win couple weeks ago but he disappointed big time but it would not surprise me if he bounces back to form now ....Eastern impact hasn't shown much lately but looks fairly treated and represents fahey so needs respect decent prices so roll with all 3 

Aeolus 5pts win 12/1 bet365

Stake acclaim 5pts win 16/1 bet365

Eastern impact 5pts win 33/1 pp

Gutted ..,beaten on nod ...gutting