Big value MTT on BetFred tonight

$25,000 guaranteed, $100+$8 to enter, and only 77 entrants so far. I mainly play freerolls, with the odd STT and £2 MTT thrown in, so this will be a huge step up if I decide to play :loon. I've had a profitable last few weeks though (most notably the Punterslounge freeroll ;)) so i'm quite tempted. My main reservation is the Betfred software, which i've had a few problems with, and also the fact that it doesn't start until 11pm. Good luck if any of you guys play, and who know maybe i'll see you at the final table :ok

Re: Big value MTT on BetFred tonight Yeah I guess you're right, there might not be value by the time the tourney starts. The only thing that would make me play is if there was BIG value i.e. less than 100 entrants, as like I said I don't like / trust the software. My Betfred handle is Kassra, and i'm currently playing the Daily Record freeroll (having been knocked out of the $750 after about 5 mins laugh4.gif). I'm playing like a nutter though, going all in with anything remotely resembling a hand. It got me up to 4500 chips although now i'm down to 3000 after letting somebody with AA double up against me (I had 77 frown2.gif)

Re: Big value MTT on BetFred tonight There are still some STT qualifiers going on but i would be surprised if the betfred site had more than 100-110 people playing at those stakes. Last night I played in the $5000 stephen hendry bounty freeroll (you needed 500 raked hands played in june to qualify) there were only about 109 people and 20 places paid. with 10-20th places getting $50. I ended up in 12th, just missing out on the real money:@ (never saw stphen hendry the entire game either so no chance to claim the bounty:( ). Next month there will probably be 2 or 3 times that many people. The betfred comps have good value right now because they are a new site and just don't have the player numbers right now. give it a month or 2 and there will be a lot less value. When I won the $750 freeroll a couple of weeks ago there were 200 people, today there are 709 people.Unfortunately i'm shattered and this one is starting too late for me (and its above my usual entry price), but its definate value. Good luck if anyone gives it a go

Re: Big value MTT on BetFred tonight Betfred software is rubbish. I was in the $10,000 MTT on Sunday night. I waited to be seated and it took 10 minutes from the start of the game to seat me and in that time I had paid my blinds so started off with a lower chip count without being able to play any hands.

Re: Big value MTT on BetFred tonight If I remember correctly 176 players started, so I guess there was some value there, but certainly not enough to make up for the BetFred software. When I first saw it a few hours before it was scheduled to start, there were just over 50 entrants, and the top 20 got paid, which would obviously have been well worth playing, but in the end I decided against it, and played a £2 MTT on Betfair instead laugh4.gif. Although I stupidly decided to go all in with A3s to steal the blinds when I was in a solid 12th place with just 35 left (top 30 paid) only to be called by 99 banghead.gif. Silly me spankie.gif