Tennis : Bastad/Gstaad/Newport

Re: Tennis : Bastad/Gstaad/Newport Daniele Bracciali to beat C Saulnier @ 1.72 (bet365) Bracciali won at Surbiton, beating Greg Rusedski and Ivo Karlovic amongst others, repeated the victory over Karlovic at Wimbledon before taking Andy Roddick to 5 sets. Saulnier has won just 1 out of his last 10 matches, and that was against the woefully out of form Paradorn Srichphan, and tends to struggle on grass against anyone with a decent serve. A Popp to beat V Spadea @ 1.53 (StanJames) Popp's a miles better grasscourt player than Spadea, and has won in straight sets on both occassions that they've met on this surface.

Re: Tennis : Bastad/Gstaad/Newport 10pts Starace-Verdasco-Seppi (3.30 @ Ladbrokes) :D Not much time left with Starace-Novak set to start in an hour so just a quick one. Verdasco should beat Pospisil at a canter while similarly, Seppi should prove too much for Koubek on clay considering the Austrian isn't really at home on this surface. Lastly, Starace is available at an outstanding value to beat Novak. Novak is amateurish on clay and the only ones he seems to beat on this surface are bigger inepts who would quite simply never have made the grade as a professional tennis player if tennis was played on clay all year. Starace is a very underrated player on clay whom I rate a good deal of(more so than the bookies, anyway) and I feel this is one where the books have got their prices wrong - too much is given to Novak for his reputation. Having said that, Starace beat Novak in straight sets last year in Gstaad in the only meeting ever between them. Cheers & Good Luck! :ok Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 100.00pts Profit/Loss : 0.00pts

Re: Tennis : Bastad/Gstaad/Newport

10pts Starace-Verdasco-Seppi (3.30 @ Ladbrokes) Not much time left with Starace-Novak set to start in an hour so just a quick one. Verdasco should beat Pospisil at a canter while similarly, Seppi should prove too much for Koubek on clay considering the Austrian isn't really at home on this surface. Lastly, Starace is available at an outstanding value to beat Novak. Novak is amateurish on clay and the only ones he seems to beat on this surface are bigger inepts who would quite simply never have made the grade as a professional tennis player if tennis was played on clay all year. Starace is a very underrated player on clay whom I rate a good deal of(more so than the bookies, anyway) and I feel this is one where the books have got their prices wrong - too much is given to Novak for his reputation. Having said that, Starace beat Novak in straight sets last year in Gstaad in the only meeting ever between them. Cheers & Good Luck! :ok Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 100.00pts Profit/Loss : 0.00pts
Looks like this will be coming in... well done ! What do you think about the popp match ? Also Wesley Moodie, is this the Moodie is always plays doubles... ? Cheers Bunglesix

Re: Tennis : Bastad/Gstaad/Newport 10pts Popp to beat Spadea 2-0 (2.24 @ Betfair) :( As dave has mentioned, the big serving German should have too much for Spadea who's hardly half decent on grass. Popp made the final of this event last year, losing to Rusedski - however, he did beat Spadea 6-2, 6-2 en route to the final.

10pts Popp to beat Spadea 2-0 (2.24 @ Betfair) As dave has mentioned, the big serving German should have too much for Spadea who's hardly half decent on grass. Popp made the final of this event last year, losing to Rusedski - however, he did beat Spadea 6-2, 6-2 en route to the final.
many thanks for reply ! i can't find a site anywhere with the match result... not even on http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsandscores/scores/ So how's Singapore... any further news on the outcome of Olympics ? England has been cut down to 2/1 over here, as the Beckhams have been supporting the campaign.

Re: Tennis : Bastad/Gstaad/Newport I've just been looking at the Allianz Suisse Open - Round 1 Matches and can someone tell me why Lopez price is like this ? i thought that this would be his surface and he is in great form. Obviously different surface but he beat Ancic + Safin ! This is with bet365. Igor Andreev 5/6 and F. Lopez 5/6 p.s Sorry for my HTML error in my previous message

I've just been looking at the Allianz Suisse Open - Round 1 Matches and can someone tell me why Lopez price is like this ? i thought that this would be his surface and he is in great form. Obviously different surface but he beat Ancic + Safin ! This is with bet365. Igor Andreev 5/6 and F. Lopez 5/6 p.s Sorry for my HTML error in my previous message
Lopez is shocking on clay at the moment and, while Andreev has done little on the surface he did beat Nadal (who is 38-2 on clay this year) earlier in the year. Still deciding whether to bet on this, but if I do my money will definitely be with Andreev.

Re: Tennis : Bastad/Gstaad/Newport Just 1 double for me with a couple of my bets from yesterday still to come in... 30pts Vanek-Murray (3.08 @ Ladbrokes) :D Murray-Carraz is from Newport and Vanek-Johansson is from Bastad. Murray at 1.40 is licence to print money IMO - nothing much to add on about what a decent grasscourt player Murray is, given how well he's done at Queen's and Wimbledon. Well, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure Carraz isn't in his league. I've said ever so often watching J Johansson play on clay is so boring I'd much rather watch my mum play rugby :lol - and I honestly believe my mum's better at rugby than Johansson will ever be on clay! Vanek's clay record may be poor by most reasonable standards, but his claycourt record actually runs Johansson close enough with both possessing a 1-7 W-L record this year. However, I think what really seperates them for me is their respective match against Andreas Seppi - Vanek beat Seppi in straight sets while Johansson went down splendidly 1-6, 2-6. Enough said! :hope

Re: Tennis : Bastad/Gstaad/Newport Filippo Volandri is playing at 16.30 against the young Stanislas Wawrinka ! Volandri is 4/7... am i right in saying, doesn't this guy play well on clay and is his preferred surface ? Im on this... Bunglesix

Re: Tennis : Bastad/Gstaad/Newport Pretty good start to the week I must admit with just Popp letting me down so far. :eek It'd have been a travesty if Starace had lost really - can't believe how much the rain delays took out of him... Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 175.40pts Profit/Loss : 75.40pts

Re: Tennis : Bastad/Gstaad/Newport Hi Ed, Thanks for predictions... I broke even today, a few players let me down.... Volandri, and also Popp yesterday ! never mind... But your double came good ! I really should just follow ur advice ! Any thoughts on tomorrows games... i can't even find any odds anywhere ? Bunglesix

Re: Tennis : Bastad/Gstaad/Newport Ed (and others) you deserve a medal for sharing with us your analysis. Checked out the Murray game - agreed with your pick - then punted up. Took the Massu tip as well, threw in a couple of mine for an accumulator and away we go. In our part of the world European and US tennis is ideal as can sort through the fields in the evening after the rest of the crew have gone to bed. Now to get back to the task of picking the next stage winner of the TdF.

Re: Tennis : Bastad/Gstaad/Newport Cheers, guys. ;) Let's hope the rest of the week continues in the same fashion as the last 2 days. Anyway, I don't think I'd be too tempted to touch another match from Gstaad given how horrible the weather is over there at the moment - bloody worse than Wimbledon I'd imagine... :lol Just one bet from Newport today. 20pts Murray to beat Dupuis (1.65 @ Betfair) :( I think Murray at 1.65 is a tad generous, really. Alright, Dupuis may have beaten James Blake, but let's not forget Blake isn't half the player he was in 2003 when he looked a dead cert in the ATP top 10 rankings regularly. Dupuis is a big hitter with a gargantuan serve(probably explains why he performs best on grass), but I don't think that alone will be sufficient to beat Murray who has displayed a greater variety of weapons in his arsenal to counter what Dupuis could potentially throw at him. Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 175.40pts Profit/Loss : 75.40pts

Re: Tennis : Bastad/Gstaad/Newport Vanek should lose tomorrow, but is an up and (a bit too long) coming kinda bloke. As inconsistent as you get and I'm not betting on his matches as he always seems to do the opposite than expected. Hmmm, dunno. If pushed, I would probably also oppose him that far into the tourney.

Re: Tennis : Bastad/Gstaad/Newport Alexander Waske to beat Paul Goldstein At the moment can get Waske @ 2.12 on betfair, but expect that 2.20-2.25 will be available somewhere at some point. Waske has had 2 impressive results so far with wins over Elseneer and Bracialli, beat Nadal in Halle (maybe not as great though as it seemed at time) and took Fererro to 3 sets there). Goldstein has done nothing to deserve favouritism here, and I expected this to be priced up more like 1.50 Waske 2.50 Goldstein.

Re: Tennis : Bastad/Gstaad/Newport Just 2 doubles which I feel confident of that's worth a very worthy shot for Thursday IMO. 20pts Serra-Wawrinka (3.75 @ Ladbrokes) :( Serra has got to be the bet of the day given the fine run he's had - Nieminen's no mug and a very decent player on clay, so if Serra could beat him so convincingly, he must be of a decent standard. That said, Vanek was perhaps a little lucky to shade his match with Johansson after looking to be down and out by the 2nd set - nevertheless, I thought the 3rd set result was perhaps a more accurate indication of the gulf in class between the pair. However, I don't think Vanek will have enough in his arsenal to trouble Serra. Wawrinka's favourite surface has got to be clay for sure as he just seems to go from strength to strength on that stuff - Verdasco is a very average claycourt player IMO and so long as you can dictate play and shut down room for Verdasco to execute his favourite crosscourt forehand, you've effectively won half the battle. I see Wawrinka as a slight favourite in this one, hence, the prices are obviously reverse as far as I'm concerned. 20pts Serra-Hernych (3.75 @ Ladbrokes) :( Similarly, Massu sucks on clay and I don't think anyone should make too much of his fine run at Hamburg(he had a fine run there, but I haven't got an explanation for that as that seemed more of an aberration than the norm). Hernych is another of those solid players who seems to play reasonably well on all surfaces(at least, that's what it seems when you compare the results he churns out to his ATP ranking) and could prove too much for Massu IMO. This is a 50-50 shot by all reasonable accounts and I'd think Massu's reputation has knocked his price down a little. Cheers & Good Luck! :ok Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 155.40pts Profit/Loss : 55.40pts

Re: Tennis : Bastad/Gstaad/Newport Any thoughts on Zabaleta's chances of winning the Swedish Open? He's won it the past two years, he's just knocked out Carlos Moya, and is in the opposite half of the draw to Nadal, Ferrero and Robredo. He's up against Berdych in the QF, and if he gets through he'd be playing one of Soderling/Hernandez/Serra/ Vanek. At 12/1 (Bet365), I think he's well worth an each way shot, 1/3 odds to reach the final. In any case, there's some money to be made for anyone who can pick the finalist to emerge from the bottom half of the draw, as they're all 12/1 or longer. For today's matches, also think that Garcia-Lopez can take at least a set off Ferrero, so have gone for a Ferrero 2-1 (10/3) and Garcia Lopez to win (4/1).

Re: Tennis : Bastad/Gstaad/Newport Not the best of days with a 40pt loss thanks to Serra's erratic performance, but can't complain given I'm still in the green... Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 115.40pts Profit/Loss : 15.40pts