Racing Chat - Sunday April 9th

2.00 Market Rasen

Dreamcatching NAP 5/6 Hills
Paul Nicholls sends this 4yo up to Market Rasen and looks to have found a nice opening. On paper it looks a two horse race with The Blue Bomber being the danger but he has had plenty of chances and the selection is much preferred. Young Stan Sheppard rides and take a handy 5lbs off and will be very hard to beat.

Naas Preview

I like the Bolger newcomer Moltoir in the first who might be more forward than his rivals. In the 2.55 I think An Saighduir could outrun his odds off 93 after running well in a British sprint handicap off 98 at the end of last season which are usually stronger races than what we have over here. He was poor on his reappearance but traveled with plenty of zest before weakening at the finish to be well beaten. Declan McDonagh was easy on him at the end though and given he came on a ton for the run last year maybe at 10 years of age he needs the outing to put him straight so I'll take a chance on that at big prices. Finally in the 4.40 handicap Bold Thady Quill ran well on his last start staying on when poorly placed so up in trip off 4lbs lower I reckon he's well set to run a big race at 14/1 and Condon usually has them fit first time up.

16 hours ago, Jimmy2shoes said:

Wonder when Aidan O'Brien's animals will be fit for racing, clearly not now

Was thinking that myself, very disappointed but I suppose we ought to know he doesn't care about anyone but himself.

Aidan and Ryan make a good pair!

Much prefer Joseph:ok

7 hours ago, BillyHills said:

Was thinking that myself, very disappointed but I suppose we ought to know he doesn't care about anyone but himself.

Aidan and Ryan make a good pair!

Much prefer Joseph:ok

All eyes are watching them so they just need be a step ahead G'

I have my eye on a few of his runners, pedigree and owners give us clues