Racing Chat - Saturday (Inc Scoop6, ITV7 etc..)

Tote Scoop6 

Saturday March 4th

No winner again last week so we kick off with a Win Fund of £170,048. The Bonus starts at £71,930.
Last weeks Place fund paid £106 and there were 200 winners.

Action comes from Doncaster, Newbury and one race on the AW from Lingfield.

Races

58b9872d8f15b_ScreenShot2017-03-03at15.0

Selections:

Leg 1: Spice Fair

We begin at Newbury with a Class 3 handicap hurdle and 10 runners have been declared on what will be soft ground. The two last time out winners Justification and Western Climate will be an obvious place to start but i prefer the top weight Willows Saviour and the genuine Spice Fair at bigger prices. The latter just gets the nod having ran well here and in this type of ground before.

Leg 2: Bryden Boy 8/1 Bet365

Off to Doncaster where again the ground will be testing especially in this 3m handicap. Top weight Whataknight drops back down in class and must have a chance and the other one I like is Bryden Boy who will be sticking on when some have had enough.

Leg 3: O'Faolains Boy 5/1 William Hill

A cracking race here in store with a dozen runners for the Veterans Chase. Last time out old Harry Topper ran a terrific race to finish 4th at Exeter after looking well out of it at half way. He could easily win this if in the mood. O'Faolains Boy is interesting for Rebecca Curtis, he had a warm up race at Ascot and is my pick in a tricky race.

Leg 4: Third Time Lucky

Over to Lingfield and our only venture on the AW. A decent race here with the top weight My Target chasing a hat-trick off a mark of 102. I like Third Time Lucky with Paul Hanagan on top, he rode a pearler last time on him and a repeat of that will see him go close here. Chevallier and Loyalty both won last time and will be thereabouts.

Leg 5: Melodic Rendezvous 9/1 Bet365

A dozen runners line up for Greatwood Handicap Hurdle and I think the handicapper has given the old boy Melodic Rendezvous a bit of a chance here. Not that long ago he was running against some of the best hurdlers around and now finds himself off a mark of 138. Finished 4th to Yanworth last time out and could go close now dropped in grade.

Leg 6: Dresden 12/1 Bet365

The final race of the day is a Grade 3 Handicap Chase, only 10 runners but a wide open contest by the looks of it. The favourite is Oldgrangewood trained by Dan Skelton. He has won his last two and now steps up in class but is clearly on the upgrade. My vote goes to Dresden ridden by Richard Johnson, he looked a bit unlucky last time and is now on a fair mark.

Perm: 16 bets

Leg 1: Spice Fair, Willows Saviour
Leg 2: Bryden Boy, Whataknight
Leg 3: O'Faolains Boy
Leg 4: Third Time Lucky
Leg 5: Melodic Rendezvous, Bloody Mary
Leg 6: Dresden, Oldgrangewood

:ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.