Victor Chandler Bonus

Jezza

Now I really dislike this companys online presence, for reasons outlined in other threads - however for the 2nd time ever they have decided to give a deposit reload bonus so who am I to turn it down ;) In the usual VC style they fcuked up and have sent everyone the wrong bonus code however after pestering customer support I have found the correct code to be "toohot2" for a 25% reload bonus up to 100 dollars. Now having tanked a nice chilean bottle of red wine (cono sur - 5 quid from your off licence and not bad at all) during the freeroll I am pissed and away to try the VC cash tables (bad combo maybe :lol) Enjoy..................... Jez (superjez on vc if anyone wants to come on as well)

Re: Victor Chandler Bonus

Just found the bluesq bonus. you enter the code bsq50b in the chip promotion box and when you get 6250 aps you get $50. Need to get them before end of July though. Question is' date=' can I manage to accumulate the AP's on cash tables without losing more than $50?[/quote'] The answer to this appears to be no :cry I sat down at Jezs table and got dealt KK only to get smoked by someone with AA. Hmmm....why did I get chat banned again?:eek

Re: Victor Chandler Bonus I remember that hand mate, it was a bit gay to be honest :o Nevermind, in the long run you will be on the end of the AA in that spot exactly the same amount of times as you have the kings.....no compensation just now tho mate I realise Jez

Re: Victor Chandler Bonus

The answer to this appears to be no :cry I sat down at Jezs table and got dealt KK only to get smoked by someone with AA. Hmmm....why did I get chat banned again?:eek
In my further pursuits to get this bonus. I was playing at a slightly cheaper table than Jez this time. A $0.25/$0.50 table. I started with $50 and had worked my way up to $60, where I again find myself get dealt KK. :eek With some fear at how juiced up the cards are im fearing AA again. And sure enough my fear is justified as we get someone raising to $2.50 straight away, so being riddled with fear I just call. To which, we get another caller, then another raiser going all in, Dredding the fact im gonna get butt ****ed again I reluctantly go all in and so does someone else. 4 of us all in. :hope This time im up against q4 off suit (fcuk knows what he was thinking) qq and 77. Not even a single ace which could do me by pairing. Happily enough none of them got lucky. As I had the most money at the table before the hand, I wiped out half the table in one swoop. And left the table with a juicy $120 and a sack load of action points towards my bonus :nana

Re: Victor Chandler Bonus In my further attempts to get this bonus I have come up with a new plan. I have made a small profit on the cash tables, but I’m just not good enough or comfortable enough on them to think I can accumulate the required points without doing my balls. (especially with snakes like Jez trying to do the same. However much I fancy my chances of gunning him down in tournament play, in a cash game I fear he could destroy me) And besides I just don’t think I could top the KK hand so I’m going out on a high. :dude However the new plan may also lead to the doing of my balls in a much more spectacular way. So Far, I’ve managed to get about 25% of the bonus. I’ve worked out that if I play 26 $15 heads up stt’s this will get me most of the way to my bonus. With the rake factored in I would need to win 14.3 from 26 to break even. So, given the fact I have made a small profit on the cash games I would settle for winning 14 from 26 and this will be the target, although, obviously I will be wanting to win all 26. And If I was to lose all 26 then I guess it would be time to give up this game and take up dominos or crown green bowls or something.

Re: Victor Chandler Bonus Yo plow, I've played a few heads up games in my time, some pros (erik "thesalmon" sagstrom for one) like to concentrate on them and do very well. Personally I like playing heads up cash against a weaker opponent (against a strong one there is NO point as the rake is the only winner) but I dont play many HU tourneys. Gl in your venture - my mate played heads ups only for several month and did win 20 on the trot once, as well as losing 17 in a row another time so beware the swings are just as large as anywhere else involving NL hold em!. Jez P.S. im 2/3 of the way to getting the 100 dollar bonus for my reload :dude

Re: Victor Chandler Bonus There wasn't as much action in the $15 so I moved to the $20 heads up turbo (cheaper rake) where there was a guy willing to play all night. I played him 19 times, coming out on top 10-9:nana . I did win 4 in a row at one stage,at which point he asked me if I wanted to move up to the $50 table. ( I declined) So I have played 26 and managed to win 15. But there may be something wrong with my maths as I still have about 1k action points still to get. I reckon I calculated my totals on winning the tourneys. It appears you dont get as much points for a defeat.:loon The dude I played was arcam and he is still going strong if anyone fancies it. He was pretty rubbish to be honest. He went all in with 64os and I called with A8 and he floped a 6. :o Anyway time for :zzz

• 3 months later...

Re: Victor Chandler Bonus Didn't want to put up a new thread for it but Victor Chandler have launched VC Poker Radio on the internet. http://www.vcpoker.com/community/radio/ May give it a listen when I'm not following a late night game in the US or just plain bored but it doesn't seem overtly that useful/interesting or worth hearing from what they're offering.