Racing Chat - Monday December 26th (Inc Scoop6 etc...)

Tote Scoop6

Monday 26th December

One lucky punter could pick up a belated Christmas present worth £500,000 with the Scoop6 up for grabs on Boxing Day.

With no winner of the bet last Saturday, £302,483 rolled over into the win fund, with a further £74,629 available in the bonus fund.

Boxing Day's bet comprises three races from Kempton's tremendous card, along with three further contests from Wetherby.

Races

585e56205c60f_ScreenShot2016-12-24at11.0

Selections:

Leg 1: Tobacco Road 9/2 Betfred

We kick off with a low grade handicap hurdle at Wetherby and 18 runners face the starter. Quite a few of these look over burdened with weight so it may to look lower down the handicap. Tobacco Road and Ballycash are both well fancied raiders from the South and slight preference goes to the Pipe horse Tobacco Road who improved last time and has a bit of scope.

Leg 2: Sizing Tennessee 8/1 Paddy Power

Our first visit to Kempton and quite a small field for a Scoop6 race. Just 7 line up and Chase debutant Two Taffs is interesting but will need to be foot perfect to win this against more experienced rivals. Gold Present and Poker School both won well last time out but i'm taking a punt on Sizing Tennessee who should be spot on now having had two starts since coming over from Ireland.

Leg 3: Blaklion 4/1 Coral

Decent renewal for this Grade 3 Chase and the one i like is Blaklion from the Twiston-Davies yard. He ran ok here in the Charlie where he needed the run and then last time was 5th in the Hennessy behind Native River. That form is good enough in this weaker race and i'll be surprised if he's not thereabouts. Yala Enki is an improver and is the alternative selection.

Leg 4: Might Bite 8/1 Betfair

A cracking race in store here for the Kauto Star Novices' Chase. Coneygree, Long Run and Grand Crus have won this in recent years so it takes a good young chaser to come out on top here. Irish raider Anibale Fly is the favourite after finishing second in a Grade 1 last time out but he looks a bit short to me. The 4yo Frodon is a danger to all but my vote goes to Might Bite who won well last time and could be the one with most scope.

Leg 5: Red Infantry 7/1 Bet365

Another competitive handicap to look at and this is wide open. The fav is the top weight Solomn Grundy from the in form Neil Mulholland yard and he comes here on the back of a good win at Newbury. Red Infantry is an interesting rival and has solid form, he probably didn't last out the trip last time so a drop back in distance on an easier track should help.

Leg 6: Omessa Has 14/1 Skybet

The final leg is a 16-runner handicap hurdle and probably the most difficult of the lot. The bookies cant even decide who should head the betting and it's a 4-way go at the moment which includes Instant Karma, Lisheen Prince, Spiritofthegames and Doesyourdogbite. None of those really interest me so a tentative selection goes to Omessa Has who was 5th last time out and is gradually coming into form.

:ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.