Racing Chat - Saturday Dec 17th (Inc Scoop6 etc...)

Tote Scoop6 - Sat 17th Dec

Over the festive period there will be Scoop6 pools running on the following dates: –
Saturday 17th December
Monday 26th December
Sunday 1st January
Saturday 7th January  

Races

5853e870a8f2a_ScreenShot2016-12-16at13.1

Five of the six races are on Channel 4 Racing this week, only the opening leg at Haydock isn't being shown live.

The Scoop6 couldn't find a winner last week so the win funds starts at £251,405 and the Bonus stands at £56,387.

Selections:

Leg 1: Gardefort 

Soft ground at Haydock as per usual and a competitive 2m Chase to start with. Venetia Williams won this last year with a horse making his seasonal debut and attempts to do the same with Gardefort who is a heavy ground winner. Doctor Phoenix and Master Jake look as though they can take a hand also in a wide open race.

Leg 2: Ravens Tower

Our first visit to Ascot and a really tough looking handicap chase to look at. Ultragold carries top weight for the in form Colin Tizzard and i wouldn't put any off his chances. Captain Conan would be dangerous if anything like back to his best by my vote goes to Ravens Tower who ran well at Newbury last time out.

Leg 3: Unowhatimeanharry 11/8 Skybet

The Long Walk Hurdle, a Grade 1 contest and a decent renewal with 10 runners going to post. Previous winners of this race have been World Hurdle standard and immediately that leads us towards Unowhatimeanharry. He's rated 165 which fits into the profile perfectly and is improving with every run, he's hard to oppose here although i do like Lil Rockerfeller as an alternative.

Leg 4: Yala Enki

A cracking renewal for the Tommy Whittle Chase and i'm interested to see Yala Enki making his chase debut off 11st 12lbs in a hot race such as this. He was 3rd here last time out in a Grade 3 hurdle and i'm guessing the connections think a mark of 139 will soon be surpassed over the bigger obstacles. It's a risky move but i can see why they have chosen this route.

Leg 5: Eduard 10/1 Ladbrokes

A Listed Chase over 3 miles and one of the most competitive races of the day. Jonjo O'Neill's Go Conquer has been made the warm favourite, Richard Johnson is an eye-catching booking. I like the chances of Eduard for Nicky Richards. he made a satisfactory comeback after injury last time out and is better than his mark of 151 in my opinion.

Leg 6: Wolf Of Windlesham 16/1 Bet365

We finish with a Grade 3 handicap hurdle and plenty in with chances here. My shortlist consists of Who Dares Wins, Brain Power, Sternrubin, Willows Saviour and Wolf Of Windlesham. Any of those wouldn't surprise me but my preference is for Wolf Of Windlesham at a decent price. He was a very useful juvenile last season and is fit from the flat

:ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.