G.Footie & Hurling 25th/26th June

Not as many matches this week, but never the less, a couple of decent bets (hopefully). Odds from Boyle Sports. Hurling First; Antrim 11/1 vs Limerick 1/50 - Draw 16/1 Antrim (+9Pts) 10/11 vs Limerick (-9Pts) 10/11 I think Antrim on the handicap here is a decent proposition, as they are clearly better than all of the other Ulster teams out there. Limerick are the better side, and I would be very suprised if Antrim won the game, but I think 9Pts of a headstart is not realistic. Antrim have a full team, I think, there unchanged from there win over Down, while Limerick are missing one key player in Mark Foley. This game is a round robin game and basically if Limerick win the match they will go through as they have another game they are garunteed to win and each team in a group of 4 needs to wins to accure qualification to the next stage. I do not rate Limerick very highly, and though they raised their game vs one of their major rivals Tipperary last time out I can't see them being as motivated for this qualifier up in Antrim. I expect them to do enough to win. On the other hand if Antrim were to win this game they would be very likely to qualify as they will win one of the other games (there is one "garunteed" win for each of the main three in this group - Galway, Limerick & Antrim, that's Laois). Antrim (+9Pts) 10/11, Confidence 8/10 ************************************************ Cork 2/5 vs Tipperary 5/2 - Draw - 15/2 Cork (-3Pts) 10/11 vs Tipperary (+3Pts) Evs The munster Hurling final, one of the most important matches of the hurling season, pairs these 2 sides together. This match IMO, is almost impossible to call - 2 very evenly matches sides, and comittment & determination will go a long way to deciding it IMO. Tipperary looked very well organised in beating a fancied Clare team in the last round, and I think given their 5/2 price tag they have definitely to be considered value, as they are very evenly matched. Cork looked off the pace of last year in the last round - if they don't turn up 100% we may have an upset. As I have gone for Tipperary to win, I probably doesn't need much explaination that I also rate there Evs pricetag with a handicap advantage of +3Pts as a very good bet. Tipperary to win @5/2, Confidence 5/10 Tipperary (+3Pts) Evs, Confidence 8.5/10 Will pu the G.Footie up soon.... But I'll say I like Cavan on the Handicap :eek

Re: G.Footie & Hurling 25th/26th June Tyrone 1/6 vs Cavan 5/1 - Draw 9/1 Tyrone (-5Pts) Evs vs Cavan (+5Pts) 10/11 Despite thinking that Tyrone were a good thing to beat Cavan last week they started very slowly before also being caught out at the end of the game also, to end up with a draw. Despite the close game (Tyrone didn't out class Cavan that day) the bookies have greatly shortened the odds on Tyrone to win from 2/9 the last time to 1/6. This also affords another 2Pts to Cavan on the handicap.... 2 too many IMO. While Tyrone will have got a scare last week and will be focused as a result, I do not believe that Cavan will get a hammering by more than 5 Pts. Ulster games are generally very tight, with even Tyrone and Armagh rarely winning by 5+ Pts - look at both sides records to date which are comprised or narrow enough wins and draws. Cavan (+5Pts) 10/11, Confidence 8/10 ************************************************ Armagh 4/11 vs Derry 11/4 This one should be close - as Derry are individually are very strong team, while Armagh are strong physical, and probably the best team from what is probably the best province for G.Footie overall. My thinking behind this is basically this - the game should be tight due to the quality of both teams, and the fact that though Armagh are a bit better they have been playing games every week for a while now and a probably a bit jaded. Armagh's influential centre back Bellew got a red card in the last game but it has since been recinded and he can play (I think). I'd say go for Armagh to win by 1-2 Pts @ 5/1, 3-4 Pts @ 9/2 and the draw at 15/2. The price of 4/11 on Armagh is just too short for what should be a very tight game.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.