** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

All-Ireland Championship Winners Outright - G.Footie & Hurling

Hi All, Just though I would voise my thoughts on this because I am forming a very definite line of thinking on the outcome of both of these All-Ireland competitions. I've been watching all of the games and I think that the winners of the G.Footie and Hurling are more than likely going to be Kilkenny (Hurling @6/4) and Armagh (G.Footie @4/1).
Anyhow - my reasoning is as follows. Kilkenny to win Hurling @6/4 - Firstly only 3 teams can lift this prize IMO, Cork, Tupperary & Kilkenny. While it might seem silly, teams that have won the previous years competition tend to suffer at the hands of other major competitors the next year. Kilkenny in particular as any year they don't win the hurling All-Ireland is viewed as a grave disappointment. Kilkenny are definitely the best of these 3 aforementioned sides, with real motivation - they absolutely slaughtered local rivals Offally by over 20 Pts a couple of weeks ago hitting 6 goals in the process. Meanwhile Cork, while not playing badly do not look like showing the same motivation as last year. Tipperary are the outsiders but we will no more about them when they play Cork in the Munster Hurling final this Sunday (27th June). As for Waterford, Clare, Limerick and Galway - they IMO have no chance, they are either too erratic (i.e. Waterford), not good enough in front of goal (i.e. Clare) or just not quite up to Kilkenny's pace and attacking prowess (i.e. Limerick & Galway) Armagh to win the G.Footie @ 4/1 There is a lot of teams still in this one, but some of the pricing is wrong IMO - firstly discount Dublin from winning the All-Ireland, given the fact that a large number of Dubs betting on the All - Ireland, their price is not realistic at all. They also have a habit of "blowing up" in big games. Tyrone have an outside chance but have had 1 narrow win and a draw against an average enough Cavan side (Grrrr... it blew last weeks 8 team accy). They play similar footie to Armagh but they are not quite as strong or dominant - also they don't look as clinical in front of goal. Mayo/Galway are both priced as having an outside chance - but I would have serious questions over both, especially Galway, who just don't look anywhere near the side of a couple of years ago. They were comprehensively beaten by Mayo last year, and only narrowly beat Leitrim (a very poor side) by 3 points in the last round, making a lot of errors in the process - this may have been a touch of "first match" rustiness, but I think overall they don't look like improving much. Kerry are the main threat - but are a very short price. I think Kerry can be brilliant on their day but they also have dodgy days. They won last years G.Footie without playing any of the really good sides, and only narrowly beat an average Limerick side last week and were trailing for long periods of time. Armagh are the strongest and probably fittest team of the lot and are really good in the air. I think that if they came up vs the flair of the Kerry side they would probably be able to nullify Kerry's skill and technique advantage through tough physical play and a good ability to win 50/50 ball. They have a lot of experience, and have lifted teh All-Ireland title with a lot of the existing team a couple of years ago. The 2 as an accy pay off at around 11.5/1, 10 pts would give 125 by my calculation, despite that I think it has maybe a 1 in 3 chance of happening. Already advised; G.Footie provincial winners Armagh 13/8, Dublin 15/8 & Kerry 8/15 (Still in their) Any opinions would be welcome - especially regarding the fate of Armagh as I can't really see past Kilkenny in the Hurling.