Friday Racing

3.15 Fakenham

Its'afreebee 4/6 Betfair

Poor fields at Wincanton and not a great meeting at Fakenham for us jump fans on Friday. Anyway an interesting little novice chase to look at with 3 possible winners and 3 no-hopers fighting for the last bit of prize money (or hoping one of the main players comes down).

San Benedeto sets a fair standard for the Paul Nicholls yard but he hasn't really impressed me and now wears cheekpieces for the first time. Rolling Maul won a race that fell apart but does have ability, this is his second go at a chasing career. This leaves the Dan Skelton debutant Its'afreebee and i think he could turn out to be pretty useful in this sphere. Last time out he was 3rd to Yorkhill in the Neptune and anything like that sort of form will see him win this.

3.10 Haydock

Father Bertie EW 8/1 Betfair

Open looking handicap but i like the look of Tim Easterby's runner Father Bertie who won well last time out at Redcar. That was a Class 2 handicap although it was that grade due to the prestige of the race rather than on ratings so don't be fooled by the drop to a lower grade. Anyway he was superbly placed to get into that final on his mark of 87 and can go on and improve on that now his main target has been hit. Two For Two is another with a squeak in a wide open end of season affair.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.