Saturday Racing (Inc Scoop6 etc)

Tote Scoop6

One lucky punter was the winner of the Scoop6 last week. His £2 line netted him over £279,000! His task this week to find the winner of the Cesarewitch and if successful will add the £80,677 Bonus Fund to his total.

This weeks action comes from Newmarket and York, dont forget the Place Fund, that paid over £159 last week!

57f7857f887e7_ScreenShot2016-10-07at12.2

Selections

Leg 1: 2.20 NM: Amabilis 10/1 Skybet

17 runner Fillies Nursery to start the ball rolling this week and the bookies are going 8/1 the field. Amabilis dead heated last time at Beverley and prior to that ran a couple of useful races. Trainer Ralph Beckett is in good form and looks the one to concentrate on. Godolphin's Romantic View looks a worthy opponent.

Leg 2: 2.35 York: Great Order 11/4 Paddy Power

A 10f handicap and i'm interested in the 3yo's here. Of those i prefer Great Oreder from the Godolphin camp and think he still has more to offer and think he can go close off his mark of 98. The Stoute horse Autocratic and the bottom weight Cote D'Azur are others to consider in a tight little handicap.

Leg 3: 2.55 NM: The Anvil 7/2 Bet365

A Group 3 contest for 2yo's here and The Anvil represents the O'Brien team. He has yet to win in 3 starts but was second in the Royal Lodge last time which sets the standard. The bottom horse Zainham is improving and could be the danger.

Leg 4: 3.10 York Perfect Angel 7/1 Bet365

Listed contest over 6f and another competitive 2yo race. David Elsworth's Sir Dancealot is the favourite after a good 3rd in Group company and will be popular. I like the filly Perfect Angel who was second at Newbury in the Mill Reef behind Harry Angel. Thats good form and she could be ready to gain her first victory.

Leg 5: 3.45 York: George Bowen 20/1 Coral

The Coral Sprint Trophy with 20 runners as as wide open as you would expect. I reckon George Bowen will pop in one day and now the headgear has been removed he could be on a going day. Others to consider are last time out winners Roudee and Captain Colby. Normandy Barriere is still improving and is another for the shortlist.

Leg 6: 4.10 NM: Starchitect 8/1 Skybet

The big Bonus race of the day and the biggest field too with 34 runners lining up. An impossible race to sort out and ahs been won by Jump trainers the last two years. Carrying on with that trend i quite fancy the David Pipe duo of Starchitect and Ennistown. The latter used to be with John Ferguson and is ridden by Ryan Moore while Starchitect is owned by the Rooneys who are having a good run at the moment. 

:ok

4.05 Hexham

Bally Lagan 13/2 Paddy Power

Trainer Robin Dickin's horses have generally needed a run to put them right and Bally Lagan caught the eye first time after a break at Warwick last week. That looked a much more competitive event than this and is turned out quickly before the handicapper can have his say. Interesting that Dickin has only ever had 4 runners at Hexham in his career and has a win and a place to his name.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.