Ascot Friday

4.20 Those who seem to have problems going right handed include Blythe Knight and Tuning Fork. Anani and Sir George Turner both fare best on straight tracks. Some of these seem to struggle on the fast ground in good company, ruling out Persian Lightning and Bourgainville Corriolanus and Foodbroker Founder are not up to this quality of race. Akshar, Bonecrusher, Red Fort, Millafonic, Promotion and Consonant are all running of marks at least 3lb higher than their lifetime highest winning mark. That leaves Compton Bolter @ 19/1 Ulundi @ 39/1 (odds from betfair) Both bigger prices than they should be. 5.30 If I can find a winner from this lot I'll be very impressed, but I'll have a go. Too many horses to write why I'm eliminating them, but I've got down to a list of :- Maghanim @ 47/1 St Andrews @ 26/1 Atavus @ 33/1 Master Robbie @ 25/1 King's Point @ 41/1 Peter Paul Rubens @ 19/2 (odds from betfair) From these the one that catches the eye is Master Robbie whose record over 7f on G-F or faster, with a break of between 3 and 14 days reads 25123101221121601 (7 wins and 5 seconds from 17 runs) If you filter this to include only runs between May and September the record becomes 12310122111 (6 wins and 3 seconds from 11).