Tuesday Racing

3.30 Salisbury:

Labyrinth : Evens (Betfair)

Sir Michael Stoute trains this one for the Queen and she should get of the mark at the third time of asking. Last time out improved to finish second to Dazzling Rose at Newmarket and was 6 lengths clear of the third horse. This is an ordinary contest and she should be good enough.

3.00 Salisbury

Tagula Night EW 8/1 Bet365

Dropping down the weights these days and losing run now stretches back 11 races to last May. Been contesting tougher races and with the Ivory stable going well i reckon he's worth a nibble here at the prices in a very ordinary handicap. Cheekpieces are back on today and ran well here at the track last September.

After a small profit yesterday with Dakota City finishing 3rd at 10/1 we go again today at Chelmsford! Busy week on the AW for us sand punters despite it being mid summer!

8.50 Chelmsford

A lot of these are trying this trip for the first time and will have stamina to prove.

County Wexford should get a soft lead in this race as the only front runner in the race but has shown little of late to suggest he is capable of winning currently and also trying this trip for the first time.

Yasir generally struggles in handicap company these days and hasn’t gone this far on the flat before but clearly in good heart currently.

Atalanta Bay looked a progressive sort in 2014 but off until last time out last month when running a flat race on soft ground on turf. Likely to strip fitter for that and appreciate this return to the AW however well being clearly taken on trust given latest run also another trying this trip for first time.

Thomas Blossom has no concerns for this trip given he was 2nd over CD latest, visor reapplied today has a sound chance.

King Olav ran a respectable race last time out when 3rd behind Thomas Blossom, gets a 1lb turnaround in a race which was not run to suit him latest. He has now dropped to 2lb below last CD win and is clearly in good heart if getting a better run around this time just behind the leader. Stamina no issue and at the prices looks the values.

1pt win King Olav 6/1 hills

9.20 Chelmsford

This might not take much winning with most of these finding winning extremely hard most notably Ryan Style who is well handicapped but has not won for years, better effort latest but still concerns.

The Burnham Mare won 3 on the bounce last October and has now dropped to 2lb below her last win however they were all over 5f, she has shown next to nothing this year in 3 starts over 6f and cannot be backed currently despite the return to 5f.

Culloden might be worth taking a chance on after a disappointing effort at Newcastle latest. Possibly went too hard alone in the centre of the course, also can be excused for racing over the straight 5f and could well appreciate this return to a bend, 5lb higher today but possibly still progressing and in a race which might not take much winning he is worth a chance.

2pt win Culloden 5/2 bet365

Cork Preview

In the first race De Boss Man was a massive drifter on debut and given the fact he got a soft ride and was very slowly out of the stalls he's likely to improve a ton from his debut. O'Callaghan's are also coming on a lot for the experience so he looks the value with the 2nd favourite running no race on his debut. Lyons also throws in a potentially smart prospect but I'll stick with De Boss Man. The 2nd race is competitive and I think the market has the right horses at the top of the betting so I'll stay away.

In the 6.25 I like the favourite Future Icon. You want to be on Lynam's horses in these races and he's been improving recently. Only 4th last time but that form looks pretty strong now and this appears a weaker test while Robbie Downey taking over from Ana O'Brien is another plus. Ottilie looks too short in the 6.55 for me. He was a very good winner last time but he comes up against a 140,000gns improving Godolphin filly who had no chance when 2nd to a horse who stole the race from the front. She's similarly unexposed and may just improve more than Ottilie as a Halford horse having her 2nd run of the season.

The Listed race is tough. Rose De Pierre was really impressive when winning last time and could be anything but Flight Risk and Sruthan in particular are really rock solid Group 3 horses especially in these conditions so no bet at the prices. The 7.55 is poor. I had Korbous backed last time at his beloved Leopardstown but he couldn't get the job done in an awful race when he was backed into 11/2 from 14/1. The market seems to think he'll improve from that effort but I'm not so sure given he seems to be targeted at Leopardstown and was quite a gamble. Sapphirine is very interesting 2nd time out for Murtagh. The owners have already had success sending French horses to him with Peacehaven winning for the 2nd time today after needing his first run. Sapphirine was reportedly a keen horse in France but settled beautifully on his first start for the yard so he may have improved already and stepping back up in trip should suit. Probably my best bet of the day.

In the Group 3 I have Harlequeen backed already but at the current prices she's too short to put up as a selection. She still seems to be improving and is the clear pick on form finishing ahead of Somehow in both Oaks. Channon also seems to do really well when bringing horses over for these events in Ireland. In the final race I think the ground may be too soft for the front two in the betting. Ask Katie was last turning in at Gowran last time but stayed on to take 2nd behind a front runner who looked to have got an easy lead. She's probably better than the bare form there and that was a personal best effort on RPRs at a new trip. Unexposed over 12f and with Chris Hayes taking the ride she's the bet in a weak enough affair.

5.25 Cork - De Boss Man @ 9/4 Bet365

6.25 Cork - Future Icon @ 5/1 Boylesports

6.55 Cork - Indrahar @ 11/4 Bet365

7.55 Cork - Sapphirine @ 5/1 Paddy Power

8.55 Cork - Ask Katie e/w @ 8/1 Bet365

Cork 555

Tithonus   98.79

Count of carabass 98.79

Interesting race ....huge support for the fav tithonus here at 7/4 but interesting runner in count of carabass who has same rating but looks poor on paper ....was 6th last time but average of 5  horses that beat him was 64 and he has been dropped to 47!,...as a result....odds 14/1....seems good value to me 

Count of carabass 3pts ew 14/1 generally 

625 cork

Clear focus   98.75

Enter the red   98.73 

These two have been running well lately and should handle conditions well ......lots of value in clear focus at 14/1 as he wascrunning well at 6f last time before fading at the 7f so return to 6f should be perfect ....il try ew doubles with above racevtoo

Clear focus 5 pts win 14/1 lads

Enter the red 5 pts win 11/2 lads 2 x

2 x 2pt ew doubles with 555 cork 

13 minutes ago, richard-westwood said:

625 cork

Clear focus   98.75

Enter the red   98.73 

These two have been running well lately and should handle conditions well ......lots of value in clear focus at 14/1 as he wascrunning well at 6f last time before fading at the 7f so return to 6f should be perfect ....il try ew doubles with above racevtoo

Just went to back Enter The Red, obviously a mistake on Betway's website because they had it priced at 151/2 rather than 11/2!! They let me have place a max of £5 ew, took the bet and then voided my bet haha :rollin

1 hour ago, DanV89 said:

Just went to back Enter The Red, obviously a mistake on Betway's website because they had it priced at 151/2 rather than 11/2!! They let me have place a max of £5 ew, took the bet and then voided my bet haha 

Omg...what a bummer lol...worth a try though ....shame they dont make many mistakes any more...thefew are prob on betfair with dicks being drunk etc haha :beer

Edited by richard-westwood

6 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

Cork 555

Tithonus   98.79

Count of carabass 98.79

Interesting race ....huge support for the fav tithonus here at 7/4 but interesting runner in count of carabass who has same rating but looks poor on paper ....was 6th last time but average of 5  horses that beat him was 64 and he has been dropped to 47!,...as a result....odds 14/1....seems good value to me 

Nice one Richard. Some late money and a nice place.

Cork 555

Tithonus   98.79

Count of carabass 98.79

625 cork

Clear focus   98.75

Enter the red   98.73 

3rd and 3rd ...returns about 32 pts so a profit on the night ...ran well