Sunday Racing -

Naas Preview

Been away for the last couple of weeks but there's a nice card at Naas to get stuck into now I'm back home. How has had a few attempts to get off the mark and hasn't got the job done so odds on looks short and she can be taken on in the first race on the card. January Morn reopposes her here but looked in need of a longer trip the last day as her pedigree suggests. Take A Deep Breath also made her debut in that race and kept on well at the finish after being held up in rear off a slow gallop. O'Callaghan has a fantastic 23% strike rate with horses of the same profile over the past 5 years so I think she's the bet with the booking of Keane another positive.

The second race is another maiden and both True Valor and Sportsmanship look up to winning races of this nature. However I prefer Doctor Geoff at the prices and feel he may be underrated as a newcomer from a yard who does well with similar types. Interestingly Colin Keane rides this one despite having the choice of the favourite True Valor as Qatar's retained Irish rider. No bet in the 3 runner event next on the card but the 3.35 looks a weak sprint apprentice handicap and I think the favourite has a good shot at getting the job done. Oisin Orr might be the best jockey in the race and takes 2lbs off the favourite Frosty Dream. He's by far the least exposed here and being from the yard of sprint king Eddie Lynam is another positive in a race of this nature.

In the 4.40 Aridity has a really low knee action and McCreery says he needs fast ground so the soft ground here at Naas looks a massive negative. He also loses Buick and has been put up 11lbs for winning what appears to be a pretty average contest so I have a few concerns about his chances and Tony The Gent could be a threat. Lyons is strict on what ground he runs his horses on so he should handle the soft going and he was smashed in the last day when he hit 1.17 in running before being collared late on. I'm sure he is open to plenty of improvement off 86 with only 2 starts under his belt and his trainer believes there is a big pot in him. Ace Of Diamonds looks short on what he's achieved in the next race but I'm struggling to find something to take him on with and the market looks about right in the last race so no bet there as well.

2.00 Naas - Take A Deep Breath @ 12/1 Bet365

2.30 Naas - Doctor Geoff @ 8/1 Bet365

3.35 Naas - Frosty Dream @ 5/1 Bet365

4.40 Naas - Tony The Gent @ 10/3 Bet365

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.