Friday Racing - (Punchestown Day 4)

5.30 Punchestown: Champion Hurdle

Verdict:

Although we don’t have many serious contenders it’s not easy to choose between the three main players. My Tent Or Yours, Identity Thief and Vroum Vroum Mag can all be given a good chance depending on your take on things. Has My Tent Or Yours done too much too soon after his long absence? The Mullins mare has been messed about lately and now is an eleventh hour sub for Annie Power, is she up to this test over the shorter trip? I suppose the solid option would be to plump for Identity Thief who has had a break since Cheltenham and will get his ideal conditions but probably wont be good enough if either of the other two bring their A game. Personally I’m going to take a chance on Vroum Vroum Mag now she has the chance to steal the limelight for once in the hope that My Tent Or Yours will fail to run up to his lofty mark after a busy spell.

Selection:  Vroum Vroum Mag @ 9/4 BetVictor

Full Preview

6.05 Punchestown: Champion Novice Hurdle

Verdict:

An interesting renewal and I can’t get away from the chances of the mare Jer’s Girl. Her weight advantage is massive and you had to be impressed by the way she won last time at her first attempt at this trip. She looks to be still improving and can add this to her CV on her way to better things next year. The other McManus horse Lift The Latch is expected to bounce back after a lack lustre effort last time and could run well at a bigger price and the English raider O O Seven is not out of it for Nicky Henderson.

Selection:  Jer’s Girl @ 5/2 Skybet

Full Preview

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.