** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tsunami Benefit Match, Lords, tuesday

MCC XI: Fleming ©, Gayle, Ganguly, Laxman, Kallis, A Flower, sangakarra (wk), Pollock, Kumble, Singh H, Shoaib Akhtar International XI: Sehwag, Jayasuriya, G Smith, Lara ©, Dravid (wk), Chanderpaul, Cairns, Warne, Vaas, Sami, Ntini All the sounds coming from both camps are that they will play this as hard as they can, & the previous game in March (?) at the MCG backs that up. The organisers are very keen for a decent show as the tickets are £30 a throw. Also some countrymen are facing each other which rarely happens in these days of central contracts, so bragging rights are on offer. Some of the players such as Warne, Singh, Ganguly & Vaas have county games starting the next day but that is the only down side. Taking for granted that they are all busting a gut to do well, the International team have the edge for my money. They have the flair in the batting with Sehwag, Jayasuriya & Lara, & the stability of Smith & Chanderpaul, & their bowling looks good to attack or contain with Cairns, warne & Vaas. The MCC side looks more fragile to me with the explosive but inconsistent Gayle, Ganguly & Laxman, all 3 of which could be gone in an instant, leaving Fleming, Kallis & Flower. Kumble & Singh together will be a handful as normal, & Pollock is Pollock, but IMO Shoaib is a showpony & this lot can play pace & the Internationals look the more hard wearing team. Stan James 5/6 the pair. Dravid 11/2 top International runscorer.

Re: Tsunami Benefit Match, Lords, tuesday I agree with u Swoop, the international team does look to be a little stronger. However, we really are talking about 2 teams packed full of stars, where almost each individual alone has the potential to turn a match. With that in mind I guess I gota call it 50 - 50, and since it seems there arent odds of over $2 on any team Ill just watch it for the spectacle. No Bet. Picking the top scorer could be the way to go. Will check the odds and then maybe post again.

Re: Tsunami Benefit Match, Lords, tuesday Swoops, love the thinking on this but this is surely 'there is a game at Lords therefore I will have a tickle'. As for top runscorer, I've had a crack at this 20 times in the last two years in tests or one-days and landed Strauss, once, at 4-1. You'd take in washing on this sort of bet. Nevertheless, your posts are top class and let's make money as the real cricket stuff begins.