Monday Racing

Ayr and Plumpton over the sticks today and Wolver on the AW.

Last day of the month so an interesting day for some of the lads in the Naps comp. I'll be glad to see the back of Feb and look forward to the Cheltenham and Aintree festivals.

Today Ayr has one or two non-events but my nap runs in the 3.15. Takingrisks could be a young horse to follow especially when he goes chasing next season, hopefully he can win off 122 today.

Plumpton has the best meeting for the Placepot and as usual Gary Moore and Chris Gordon will be the trainers to watch out for. They both looks to have at least one good chance each.

Nap: 

3.15 Ayr: Takingrisks 5/2 Bet365

I like the way Nicky Richard's goes about his business and has done extremely well with two or three staying hurdlers recently; Baywing, Top Bill and Isaacstown Lad. This looks another improver and opened his account at Kelso last time out by 13 lengths. Been given a mark of 122 for his handicap debut and thats looks more than fair.

The yard have been a bit quiet since the last meeting here so lets hope that will kick start another good run.

Placepot

For anyone who is interested, Southwell's pot yesterday went into the top 10 dividends of all time;

Today's results
Leg 1
 - Santa's Secret 11-2, Buck Mulligan 7-2,
Leg 2 - Midnight Jade 7-1, Arthamint 7-2
Leg 3 - Man From Seville 20-1, Nobel Leader 12-1, Windy Writer 100-1
Leg 4 - Delgany Demon 8-1, Pyrshan 9-2, Optimistic Bias 3-1f
Leg 5 - Goal 17-2, Aaman 6-1, Orchard Road 11-4f
Leg 6 - Shinooki 10-1, Mission Complete 10-1, Vodka Island 14-1

toteplacepot - top 10 dividends
Dec 11, 2015 - Cheltenham: £91,774.50
Nov 3, 2003 - Newmarket: £63,284.30
Feb 28, 2016 - Southwell: £51,326.60
June 21, 2010 - Chepstow: £50,362.40
Nov 6, 2007 - Redcar: £49,436.30
Nov 7, 2009 - Nottingham: £49,067.30
Jul 24, 2010 - Newcastle: £47,792.60
Aug 28, 2006 - Newcastle: £47,324.70
Dec 19, 2011 - Plumpton: £46,606.20
Mar 14, 2014 - Cheltenham: £44,616.30

Anyway todays effort; This won't make the top 10:lol

56d415ab921cb_ScreenShot2016-02-29at09.5

Just a quickie; 

Just in front this month on Placepots

28 days (just todays to complete month)

64.80pts staked

69.39pts returned

Good luck with the PP BH !

The two runner novice chase at Ayr (1.40) looks interesting

The odds on favourite is making her chase debut and is up against a gelding for the first time in her career after 15 runs in Mares Only company

She looks a right stayer and is dropping to 15 and a half furlongs today

She looks best going RH and is going LH today.

She's had one run here over hurdles. That was over 21 furlongs where she got outpaced in the finish. I really can't see her being suited by the minimum trip

Her only rival, Captain Cox, is a two miler who has won here over hurdles. He's a bit of an iffy jumper to be fair but these are not stiff fences

I think it could be worth taking on the hotpot........there's only 2 runners and Captain Cox is currently 7/4 against an 8/15 favourite

4.00 wolv 

well ....this did look like a great race for an ew bet but with 8 runners yet again one has dropped out .......ive said this before and its been mentioned on here recently ...this is one of the biggest scams going in racing ...dont know how they pull it or whether trainers take backhands to "drop out " but theres no way it can be coincidence because the amount it happens is absolutely staggering compared to say a 9+ runner race .......stinks .....anyway short priced fav here in brave zolo who ran well last time and is fancied to go in today... our channel also looks a decent sort and with the fav stepping up in distance ..perfect cracker looked a fab ew bet for a place having ran a great race over course dist lto so no dist worries there ....now one has dropped out the ew is worthless so straight win ill still take the fav on anyway but this whole 8 runner thing stinks .....

perfect cracker  4 pts win 8/1 bet365 

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

Good luck with the PP BH !

The two runner novice chase at Ayr (1.40) looks interesting

The odds on favourite is making her chase debut and is up against a gelding for the first time in her career after 15 runs in Mares Only company

She looks a right stayer and is dropping to 15 and a half furlongs today

She looks best going RH and is going LH today.

She's had one run here over hurdles. That was over 21 furlongs where she got outpaced in the finish. I really can't see her being suited by the minimum trip

Her only rival, Captain Cox, is a two miler who has won here over hurdles. He's a bit of an iffy jumper to be fair but these are not stiff fences

I think it could be worth taking on the hotpot........there's only 2 runners and Captain Cox is currently 7/4 against an 8/15 favourite

Odds on Fav falls at the first fence

Candy from a baby.........

10 minutes ago, BillyHills said:

Nice one Trotter, unlucky Richard

:clap

Pot pays a massive £5 so a wee profit  :lol

well done BH.......I didn't follow it today as I've been busy with work

might be a small profit but it keeps you ahead for the month !

:ok

Edited by Trotter

3 hours ago, BillyHills said:

Nice one Trotter, unlucky Richard

:clap

Pot pays a massive £5 so a wee profit  :lol

Did you see that race ...had all sorts of trouble ... Boxed in nearly all the way ...snatched up ... Then gets out and still short of room at end ... Personally i think he would have won easy with a better run ...def one to watch if hcapper leaves alone !!!