UK Open Darts

1st & 2nd Round Draw (Friday) http://www.planetdarts.co.uk/article.asp?id=273352&Nv=1 3rd, 4th & 5th Round Draw (Saturday) http://www.planetdarts.co.uk/article.asp?id=283117&Nv=1 The UK Open starts tomorrow evening. This year they have decided to draw up to the 5th Round. Which has changed my main tip! Ronnie Baxter is playing probably the best darts of his career, and was someone who I would have said to back. However, he will play Phil Taylor in the 4th Round, turning the 33/1 into a very poor price. Should Taylor get through that, he will probably play Kevin Painter in Round 5. Therefore, this could be a good tournament to back a few outsiders knowing that Taylor could be gone early with the short format in the early rounds. Here are 10 who could be in the shake up on Sunday Mark Walsh - Has a tough 4th Round against Mark Dudbridge, but I fancy him to get through that and do very well this weekend. 100/1 Steve Beaton - Could have a good tournament. Between him and Burnett for a last 16 spot. 100/1 Lionel Sams - Is apparently playing well, and doesn't have the toughest draw in the world. 150/1 Mark Holden - Seems to have got over his dartitus, and again doesn't have a draw that will scare him. 200/1 Denis Ovens - This is the kind of tournament he likes. Should beat Alex Roy, and go on from there. 66/1 Colin Monk - Has a nice looking draw. Should be in last 16. 100/1 Peter Manley - Is playing very well, and if he can win his 4th Round match I fancy him to go very close. 25/1 Roland Scholten - Also playing well. The defending champion should get to the Sunday. 25/1 Erik Clarys - A very hard player to beat. Would suprise me if he didn't make the last 16. 200/1 Richie Burnett - Is supposed to be playing well again, and at this price is worth a look. 300/1 Eddie Lovely - I back him every time, because I know how good he is! Would play Peter Manley in Round 4, but Manley has made it well known that he doesn't like playing his 1st game against someone who has already played. Winner of that game will go very deep. 400/1 There's also a certain Gary Blades at 1000/1, who i'd avoid! :lol There are a few match bets i'd recommend, but i'd like to see a few more bookies put their odds up first. Will be back with those later.

Re: UK Open Darts Well you couldn't have written it better. The quarter-final draw: * Alex Roy 7/4 vs Peter Manley 2/5 * Colin Osbourne 11/4 vs Roland Scholten 2/9 * Mark Walsh 4/6 vs Erik Clarys 11/10 * Chris Mason 2/1 vs Phil Taylor 1/3 I wouldn't be surprised if money went on Chris Mason to beat Phil Taylor.

Re: UK Open Darts Wow. 1/3 was a gift for Phil as he thumps Chris 11-1! Semi-final draw: * Roland Scholten 11/2 vs. Phil Taylor 1/12 * Peter Manley 4/11 vs. Mark Walsh 15/8 Outright odds: * Phil Taylor 1/7 * Peter Manley 13/2 * Roland Scholten 10/1 * Mark Walsh 20/1 Yeah, very well done Gaz. If you put Manley or Walsh each-way, you're guaranteed some sort of payday.

Re: UK Open Darts Yep, on sports-punter.com he tipped Manley, Walsh and Scholten each-way (two places, 1/2 the odds) at 25/1, 100/1 and 25/1 respectively. Most of the bookies don't accept big bets on these outright bets, and since Manley and Walsh were the only ones of his eleven tips that I managed to bet a decent amount on, I'm feeling pretty happy. smile2.gif Nice one, Gaz. bigokay.gif

Re: UK Open Darts Yes. Now I wouldn't presume to give Gaz advice on darts tipping, but here's some advice on money management on sports-punter.com ... Don't! Betting in real life it makes sense to limit your stakes on long-shots, 'cos otherwise you could wipe out your betting bank while you're waiting for that winner. But on sports-punter.com you couldn't care less if you lose bucket-loads in the short term, so long as you win in the long term. So if it's worth tipping, it's worth tipping at maximum stakes. So what are these namby-pamby 2 point each-way bets for?

Re: UK Open Darts

Yes. Now I wouldn't presume to give Gaz advice on darts tipping, but here's some advice on money management on sports-punter.com ... Don't! Betting in real life it makes sense to limit your stakes on long-shots, 'cos otherwise you could wipe out your betting bank while you're waiting for that winner. But on sports-punter.com you couldn't care less if you lose bucket-loads in the short term, so long as you win in the long term. So if it's worth tipping, it's worth tipping at maximum stakes. So what are these namby-pamby 2 point each-way bets for?
It's a good point slapdash, I suppose we're not always as brave as you, and you kind of feel obliged to reduce your stakes on a long shot, although that is the wrong attitude, but I do it also. :\

Re: UK Open Darts Gaz, I was half-joking about the sports-punter thing (although if you had tipped the maximum on all your selections so far you'd be in 5th place now). But I agree that if somebody is following your tips, it's helpful for them to have some indication of the level of confidence. In my own case I don't have the foggiest idea which of my tips I should be more confident of, so these moral considerations don't arise and I just put the maximum allowed 5 points E-W on all of them. Anyway, great tipping! I'm looking forward to the day you tip yourself for maximum stakes.