The yearly Toulon tourny (U20)

Wednesday 1 June 2005
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifJapan U20 v Mexico U20 (18:00 BST)3.453.352.30sp.gif103%
sp.gifFrance U20 v South Africa U20 (20:00 BST)1.504.208.50sp.gif103%
Thursday 2 June 2005
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifPortugal U20 v South Korea U20 (17:30 BST)1.543.807.00sp.gif106%
sp.gifEngland U20 v Tunisia U20 (19:30 BST)1.723.606.50sp.gif102%

Re: The yearly Toulon tourny (U20) This is usually one of the most difficult tourneys to crack. To start with - the matches last just 80 minutes. A lot of them are televised (Eurosport) - not sure if this year too yet. And England tend to send the worst imaginable squad down there year in, year out. Any info appreciated.;)

Re: The yearly Toulon tourny (U20) Wonder how this is influenced by the shortly upcoming Youth World Cup in Holland. Japan, England, South Korea will participate there too, so are they using that as a preparation tourney? If so, they might bring the strongest possible squads, but might try out a lot of things.

Re: The yearly Toulon tourny (U20) I have read some news and everyone appreciate that England went there with very strong team...some players even have an Premiership experience,so England is going to take this tournament seriously...I think so...I am not decided whet to play tomoorow...I am going to choose between England - Tunisia (U20) ==> 1 or Bryan/Bryan - Knowles/Nestor ==> 1...what do You think about it?? What would You do??

Re: The yearly Toulon tourny (U20) welcome.gif to PL Pitbull. Well, it's been mentioned during the opening match how strongly the English feel about their chances. But no mention of Tunisia... Nestor/Knowles are no pushovers either so can't help you here. HAving watched the Mexico v JApan game - well the Japanese were enthusiastic, on the ball most of the time and "truing" in horse racing terms. The Mexicans were just walking roung the pitch and showed nothing spectacular. Japan in the next match for sure, opposing Mexico maybe;)

Re: The yearly Toulon tourny (U20) Thanks for :welcome ...:ok I can not decide what to bet...In tennis I have only two opportunities...and in football there can always be a draw...so I probably go for Bryan`s brothers...

Re: The yearly Toulon tourny (U20) Best of luck, mate. Well, after the second game - France v SAF - it looks clear the French are the team to beat in this tourny (although the South Africans had their chances as well and might have come out of this match better if playing any other team as the French were just fantastic tonite).

Re: The yearly Toulon tourny (U20) Don't know about Tunisia, but England have announced the team for tonight. Jamie Young - Reading Liam Rosenior - Fulham Andy Davies - Middlesbrough Steven Taylor - Newcastle United Liam Ridgewell - Aston Villa Wayne Routledge - Crystal Palace John Welsh - Liverpool Tom Huddlestone - Derby County James Milner - Newcastle United Bradley Wright-Phillips - Manchester City Darren Ambrose - Newcastle United

Re: The yearly Toulon tourny (U20) Confident of an England win here. We don't always send a very strong team out for this type of thing, but there seems to be a lot of quality in the team mentioned above... 9/10 England win for me. (Would be 10/10 but there's always a sense of caution when I bet on England!) Can see Welsh and Huddlestone having excellent games... GL

Re: The yearly Toulon tourny (U20) No posts on this thread for a few days, so not sure how popular the tourny is, or if anyone will read this post in time. Anyway, here goes, these stats could be useful if you intend to bet on the remaining matches. A word of caution, though - these stats are compiled from the televised matches that were available for spread betting on the sporting website, 9 matches, so far. Total goals average- 1.77 per match, shirt numbers- 20, bookings- 28, total corners- 7, total goal minutes- 86 mins. So, basically we can conclude that, if the forthcoming matches follow the averages so far, a profit can be made by betting on : less than 2.5 goals, bookings- 35 pts or less, total corners- less than 10, and for spread bettors: sell total goals, sell shirts, sell bookings if spread>35, sell TGM's if > 110-115. Please bear in mind this is possible averages, some matches will undoubtedly be greater than the expected average. In other words, you will win some lose some, but on average you should realise a profit. Next televised matches, FRANCE v MEXICO, S. AFRICA v JAPAN, Eurosport, 6 p.m., tonight. Good luck! :hope

Re: The yearly Toulon tourny (U20) Half time. Closing shirts and total goals trade for loss, ( 1.1pts., 9pts.), but total corners was in profit after only 18 minutes, and are earning me 10pts. each time one is conceded. However, I don't think corners will continue at this rate, so closing the trade makes me 11.25x10pts. profit. (112.5 pts.) Hope someone is listening! :hope