Chala's Lays

I've been paper trading with some lays for about 2 months now. It started off well, but like all laying systems has started to hit a bad patch, but is still in profit, so I thought I'd start posting my selections (to get my post count up abit:D ). The only real rule, is that I will try not to lay at a higher price than 6 (the average price I have been laying at is about 4.3). However if I feel the lay is strong, I may take 6.2 or 6.4, but generally 6 will be the maximum price I will lay at. I will also lay the horses to place. I will generally try to lay the horse to place at the true e/w bet odds. e.g. if the place odds are 1/5 and I lay at 6, I will be hoping to lay to place at 2, however depending on the number of runners in the race the place odds can be abit erratic, so quite often I may advise to leave an unmatched lay to place and see if it gets matched. Due to me working long hours, I will post my selections early most mornings. This is not great for the place markets which are often not liquid at this point, however I will just leave an unmatched bet if this is the case. I can assure you I will update honestly (I'm not trying to sell a service, so theres no point in lying about whether a lay get's matched or not. I'm only doing this for a bit of fun, although I am laying for a small stake myself). If anyone wants I'll try to post a betfair p&l picture to show that the bet was either matched or unmatched (but someone will have to explain to me how to do it). Down to the nitty gritty, each lay will be to win 5 pts (4.75 after commission). The lay to place price will be in brackets, and if there is a question mark after a price that means the bet was unmatched before I left for work. Here's hoping I can emulate WFTE's lay the racing post system :cheers

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.