Jump racing fri 29th jan

2.00 donc 

Present lodger  98.63

Golanova     98.61 

Not really anything special this race but looking for some double up money so these two are a touch clear and have possibilitys ....present lodger has been running well in decent races ..even in defeat and will have to run to his best but at least hes consistent ...golanova is a fast improving type .  Would prefer better ground definately but has run ok on softer in the past so at 16/1 hes fair value to run well .....nothing to write home about but a small play 

Present lodger  1 pt ew 8/1 bet365

Golanova   1 pt ew 16/1 bet365

Any winnings carried over to tomorrow 

I had a look at the novice chase at Huntingdon (3.15) last night with a view to my Nap of the Day selection........but I ended up giving up on it

You've got a favourite, At The Top, who's got a fantastic Jumps breeding.......by the same sire as Sprinter Sacre out of a Robin Des Champs mare.

BUT........she's the only mare in the race against 4 geldings, has got top weight, this trip looks very much on the sharp side as she appears to be a bit slow and a stayer and finally she's been well beaten in a couple of poor looking novice and maiden hurdles at Southwell and now makes her chase debut

And she's the favourite !

If you look at the other 4 they all appear to be Flat bred horses if you look at the average winning trip of their sire's progeny

8.0 furlongs - Agentleman

6.6 furlongs - Mandy's Boy

7.9 furlongs - New World

8.7 furlongs - Sir Note

Three of them have a bit more stamina from the dam's side (the exception being Mandy's Boy) but none of them appeal as Chasers

Impossible to make a selection.......even though there's only 5 runners. The only one who looks like a Chaser has poor form and looks slow, the other 4 might not get home and I expect at least 2 of them will fall, maybe 3

If I had a red hot poker inches from my bum awaiting a selection I'd go for Sir Note, the outsider of the field at 8/1, but definitely a race to leave alone !

5 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

Welcome to the board :)

Thanks richard! Always nice to get  welcome.

Albatros De Guye did OK at the start but pulled up eventually ... although the odds had dropped to 16/1 by the off. I still think it had value at 22/1. 

38 minutes ago, pJarmas said:

Thanks richard! Always nice to get  welcome.

Albatros De Guye did OK at the start but pulled up eventually ... although the odds had dropped to 16/1 by the off. I still think it had value at 22/1. 

Get stuck in to some races ...always good to hear someones angle ...we are on the build up to cheltenham so more the merrier 

13 hours ago, Trotter said:

I had a look at the novice chase at Huntingdon (3.15) last night with a view to my Nap of the Day selection........but I ended up giving up on it

You've got a favourite, At The Top, who's got a fantastic Jumps breeding.......by the same sire as Sprinter Sacre out of a Robin Des Champs mare.

BUT........she's the only mare in the race against 4 geldings, has got top weight, this trip looks very much on the sharp side as she appears to be a bit slow and a stayer and finally she's been well beaten in a couple of poor looking novice and maiden hurdles at Southwell and now makes her chase debut

And she's the favourite !

If you look at the other 4 they all appear to be Flat bred horses if you look at the average winning trip of their sire's progeny

8.0 furlongs - Agentleman

6.6 furlongs - Mandy's Boy

7.9 furlongs - New World

8.7 furlongs - Sir Note

Three of them have a bit more stamina from the dam's side (the exception being Mandy's Boy) but none of them appeal as Chasers

Impossible to make a selection.......even though there's only 5 runners. The only one who looks like a Chaser has poor form and looks slow, the other 4 might not get home and I expect at least 2 of them will fall, maybe 3

If I had a red hot poker inches from my bum awaiting a selection I'd go for Sir Note, the outsider of the field at 8/1, but definitely a race to leave alone !

As tentative as they were.. Good call Trotter. On more than one front.