Super 12 Final Round

Odds NZ TAB as early guide $1.18 Crusaders v Hurricanes $4.5 -12.5 $1.27 Waratahs v Blues $3.5 -9.5 $1.70 Chiefs v Highlanders $2.05 $2.00 Reds v ACT $1.70 $1.25 Bulls v Stormers $3.75 -9.5 $1.55 Cats v Sharks $2.35 -4.5 the table stands like this: (odds to make semis) Waratahs 40 (qualified for semis) Crusaders 39 (qualified for semis) Hurricanes 34 (qualified for semis) Bulls 29 $1.15 Highlanders 27 $7 Blues 26 $10 Brumbies 24 very improbable All other teams out of contention. Injury news from round 11: Blues - Muliaina (Shoulder) 4th string halfback McGrath (Calf) Lavea (Hamstring) Braid (thigh, listed to start) Highlanders - Oliver (calf) Tuitivake (shoulder) Blair (hand) Chiefs - Kelleher (groin) Hurricanes - resting Umaga, Collins, Hore Crusaders - Laulala, resting Carter

Re: Super 12 Final Round Some early thoughts for this weeks games then: Crusaders Hurricanes Short and sweet, the Hurricanes just wont be able to handle the Crusaders up front and from there itll have to be perfect broken play Rugby from their talented backs to keep them in touch and I just cant see it happening. Weve seen the ability of the Crusaders to pile on the points at home when thhey gain forward domination this year, and theyll be trying to do so again Friday nighht to give themselves a chance at top qualification, while the Hurricanes are likely to finish 3rd no matter what the match outcome. Obviously weather could be a factor but I would assue a comfortable double digit win for the Red and Blacks. Waratahs Blues: Have been backing against the Blues for several week succesfuly lately and I dont see any reason to change my ways. Injury crisis evern worse than ever now, and they find them selves up against top of table NSW in NSW. Will take NSW points start BUT in the slight chance that the Crusaders dont win earlier on in the night (hence assuring NSW top spot) I will wait tilll game time b4 placing my bet. Chiefs Highlanders: Both teams missing inspirational players in Kelleher (Chiefs) and Oliver (Highlanders) however Highlanders injury concerns much greater as Tuitivake and Blair will both miss, along with concerns over Hayden Pederson (Ankle), and Matt Saunders (Hamstring). Changes might also include a shift from 10 to 15 for Evans and the return of McIntyre (personally, I think a bad idea) Anyway Highlanders fate for a semi spot rests on the Bulls result and since the Highlanders play first they will obviously be giving their all. Chiefs while allready out came back to grab a draw away to ACT last week and really should have won it but for a missed penalty to Hill. Anyway I think it still showed the Chiefs desire to win at this end of the season, add that to the Highlanders poor record in Hamilton + injury toll, and slump in form (which for an over achieving team as they have been this year, to turn around, is very tough) I gotta go with the Chiefs. The next 3 games dont particulaly interest me too much. Reds ACT: Well before the odds came out I thought we might be able to pick up some valueon the Reds, but it looks like the bookies have also come to terms with how bad ACT is this year. Odds look to be right to me so no bet. Will get to see Reds game on replay tonight though and if they were as bad as Kane said then maybe worth a crack on ACT. Bulls Stromers: Think the outcome of this game will be depend on previous results. If it becomes a non event then maybe value on the Stormers. Other wise ud expect the Bulls to keep on with their winning ways. Cats Sharks Crap game, crap odds, not worth risking your money. Much like Reds ACT come to think of it. Right guys lets makke some money on this final round!!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.