Flat Racing 28th June

3.15 Saint-Cloud Grand Prix De Saint-Cloud Lovely renewal this and I think it's a shame so few British and Irish flat horses are kept in training past 3 years compared to this lineup. I think the top 3 in the market are a bit ahead of the rest so that's where I'll focus. If you follow Flintshire you may well be very fed up with how often he comes second or third without winning, and against two top horses I can see a similar fate. Treve ran well on reappearance but really you'd fancy Dolniya to do the same to that field, and you have to think Arc day is all they have in mind this year as far as Treve peaking. I love Dolniya's price here and think she can benefit from not having to lead here as she had to in such a small field last time. Her performance in Meydan remains a top piece of form and I think she is the top horse here. Dolniya 10/3 win Paddy Power 4.30 Curragh Pretty Polly Stakes Legatissimo was turned over last time but at 2/1 or less I don't fancy her, this may be an even tougher task. Diamondsandrubies is a famous Epsom hard luck story, having been smacked by Together Forever but I don't think she lost that much momentum from watching it again and I can't possibly think a 2 furlong step down in trip will be beneficial. I think Pleascach's bubble was burst a bit at Ascot, and her Irish Guineas win hasn't worked out that well bar Found with Devonshire and Jack Naylor disappointing. I have to go for Brooch. She could not have been more impressive in a 2 length win over a mile last time, and 2 more furlongs is no problem. The form has worked out amazingly well, the second hasn't raced since but the third was amazing maria who shocked all at Ascot to win by 2 lengths, and 3 lengths further back in 4th was Waltzing Matilda who scored a great victory on Belmont Stakes night. Brooch looks really unexposed to me and I really like her here. Brooch 5/1 win Betfred

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.