Weekly Nap Competition - Day 3 Tuesday 2nd June

Re: Weekly Nap Competition - Day 3 Tuesday 2nd June 3.25 Ripon - Liberty Red win @ 12/1 SkyBet Liberty Red would have a massive chance on a bit of form from last year. He finished 3rd behind Al Busayyir on his penultimate flat start. The form of the race looks very strong with 6 of the runners winning next time out. Liberty Red had the likes of Penhill and Adventure Seeker in behind so wouldn't need to improve too much to win this off a 3lb higher mark as this looks weaker. However, he has since been sent over hurdles and was poor - not beating a single rival in 2 starts. He then returned to the flat last time out and was a distant fourth behind Spes Nostra who got perfect conditions and shot well clear and in the end Liberty Red wasn't too far behind the eventual second so I think the form looks worse than it actually is. That run came after a break and was his return to the flat so I'm sure he was entitled to need the run and should come on for it. He is unexposed and is a likely improver as he has only had 6 flat runs and he may be able to improve past his older and more exposed rivals like Hydrant and Memory Cloth who are currently close to the top of the market. My one concern would be the ground, his last 3 poor starts have come on soft ground whereas his best form has been on good ground. I'm guessing there has been some rain overnight but today's forecast looks fairly dry so hopefully the ground will be good.

Re: Weekly Nap Competition - Day 3 Tuesday 2nd June Brighton 3.40 Pretty Bubbles (3/1 bet365 bog) If non runner Southwell 5.05 Tempuran Pretty Bubbles is a very consistent animal and is running well at present. She was a beaten favourite last time out, but was slowly away; that lost her 3 lengths but she made ground to eventually lose by only 2 lengths

Re: Weekly Nap Competition - Day 3 Tuesday 2nd June Southwell 5.05: Tri Nations 12/1 BetVic/Bet365 Wide open handicap to get Southwell up and running tonight, funny old distance this race, must be the only track where they run under two miles? All to do with the re-measuring of tracks!! Anyway i'm going to give Tri Nations a chance to show some of his old zest. Only rated 89 nowadays and if he could find any resemblance of his old form he would hiss this. Has the beating of Tempuran (favourite) at the weights so 12/1 looks decent value.

Re: Weekly Nap Competition - Day 3 Tuesday 2nd June 6.35 Sou - Cearys - EW at 80/1 bog bet365 Novice hurdle Going for one of the big outsiders here. Pulled Up on sole start to date on racecourse debut. But she had raced prominently for the first 6 obstacles before fading. With just the one run she's had less chance to blot her copybook than most of these who have already run enough times to afford proof that they're useless. My horse is still on trial and hasn't been convicted yet. The two at the head of the market look OK so it would be helpful if they could collide mid air at the first and both unseat their riders, obviously with no serious injuries incurred

Re: Weekly Nap Competition - Day 3 Tuesday 2nd June 5.45 Brighton Trending won penultimate start at Wolverhampton in really good style, received an 8lb rise in the weights for that and ran nowhere near that lever next time out which is not a massive surprise given his overall profile. Hughes a strong booking and given his in out profile no surprise for him to bounce back. Ecliptic Sunrise remains a maiden but is 2lb below his mark when he ran a huge race around here last year in soft conditions and wouldn’t be without hope returned here after a good run last time out on the AW. Its hard to look past Noverre To Go who won around here 4 days ago in soft conditions over 6f, return to 5f no issue given the speed he showed still dangerously well handicapped on his best form even under the penalty and should prove hard to beat if getting to the front again. 1pt win Noverre To Go 3/1 bet365

Re: Weekly Nap Competition - Day 3 Tuesday 2nd June Ran a gooo race last time out and was stuck in my NB, good bit of cash came for him last time out and could be worth sticking with, only a matter of time before trainer Mr Varian can get a win from this Son of Sixties Icon. Was due to turn up yesterday at Windsor but never showed up, Plan B looks interesting F.Tylicki makes the trip from his one ride at Brighton to the evening meeting for just the two rides, this is the ride he'll be travelling for, however i would not rule out a cheeky double. 8:20 Wolves - El Tel. 1pt Win bet @ 16/1 Bet365, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,''BOG''

Re: Weekly Nap Competition - Day 3 Tuesday 2nd June W6.20 Surround Sound 7/2 Bet365 I don't fancy much today in truth and this is a very tentative selection. If the horse was likely to perform as it did when winning an amateurs race over c&d last month, then even off a much higher mark, I'd fancy it to go close here for a jockey who has a really good strike rate and is still able to claim 5lb. The problem is the horses inconsistency but this shouldn't take too much winning and the horse has competed off much higher marks in the past.

Re: Weekly Nap Competition - Day 3 Tuesday 2nd June 4.10 brighton macs superstar would have good claims on the best of his form last year, and although form recently has been disappointing, the blinkers go on today and they could be what the doctor ordered. no trip and ground worries and trainer alan coogan runs the horse just 8 days later after latest disappointment, so obviously the ability is still there and the hope is that the blinkers bring it out. big price for a horse with back-form to win this, especially off a lowered mark of 72. 1pt win 25/1 ladbrokes bog

Re: Weekly Nap Competition - Day 3 Tuesday 2nd June 5:35 Southwell: The Jugopolist @ 100/1 bet365 e/w thanks The Jugopolist.....from John Cornwall yard who also owns horse, the yard got horse form Rebecca Curtis in January last year when it won a Selling Hurdle at Leicester 2m 4f heavy going off 110 mark , He's been successful in two hurdle races at 2m 4f on good to soft and heavy ground and although the going good for this race the weather condition are for rain all night and with it being a right outsider worth a go, His rating have tumbled down to a low 83 mark after the 9 races he's had for yard with Joseph Cornwall in the saddle for all races Joe is also claiming a 5lb allowance in his full handicap chase after some poor novice chases at class 2 and 3 in drops down again to class 4

Re: Weekly Nap Competition - Day 3 Tuesday 2nd June 5:45 Brighton - Noverre To Go Won just 4 days ago and is entered for another race on 5th June, which I view as a good sign, although he is 9 now and the ability to follow up a win so soon may be expecting too much. Nevertheless, it looks intriguing. 3/1 bet365

Re: Weekly Nap Competition - Day 3 Tuesday 2nd June 2 winners so far; Valiant Thor 7/2 Gbettle 5/2 :ok Later;

Southwell 8.05 Penny Option win SP
9.20 Wolverhampton Tukitinyasok please. Thanks.
Ran a gooo race last time out and was stuck in my NB, good bit of cash came for him last time out and could be worth sticking with, only a matter of time before trainer Mr Varian can get a win from this Son of Sixties Icon. Was due to turn up yesterday at Windsor but never showed up, Plan B looks interesting F.Tylicki makes the trip from his one ride at Brighton to the evening meeting for just the two rides, this is the ride he'll be travelling for, however i would not rule out a cheeky double. 8:20 Wolves - El Tel. 1pt Win bet @ 16/1 Bet365, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,''BOG''
19:50 Wolves - Zubaidah 1 pt win 7/1 Bet365 BOG Looks a decent filly who has been competitive at both runs at the track. Down to a mark of 60 in an open looking race and worth a punt.