Weekly Naps Comp ''Thursday 14th May'' 2015

Tipped it up at Newmarket as she was due to run at the Guineas meeting but i guess the going went against her, i did back against her last year also at HQ when she chased home Albasharah. She was the only filly that came out the field that day and so went in the NB She could return anything today but in last years stable tour trainer Mr Roger Varian did talk very highly of her. Must admit id much prefer if they had kept jockey Andrea Atzeni up, James Doyle was set to ride at the Guineas meeting but today William Buick is up. Positives - Trainer, going, jockey, price, draw. Negatives - return from break. 2:40 York - Talmada. 1pt Win Bet @ 16/1 Bet365 & PP.....................''BOG'' ;)

Re: Weekly Naps Comp ''Thursday 14th May'' 2015 3:15 York - Golden Horn (11/2 Boyles) 1pt Win Jack Hobbs is the hype horse after fairly bolting up off 90 in an handicap last time out, as impressive as that win was (and it was impressive) this is a totally different test and his price here (and in the Derby) is nothing short of absurd - although it does give a good illustration of how short on the ground serious Derby contenders are this year. Anyway... the one I like is the other Gosden runner, Golden Horn, who looks like he may have got in here under the radar to a certain extent. I was very taken by his effort in the Fielden where he still looked a bit green when push came to shove and it seems reasonable to expect a good but more improvement on that run with the experience under his belt and the small step up in trip tomorrow, 11/2 looks more than fair as I would have had him in a couple of points shorter at around 7/2 and I think he can take this on the way to bigger things. John F Kennedy rates a serious danger if coming on for his seasonal debut and has to be respected with Ballydoyle cleaning up in the trials so far, however, that seasonal debut run was very uninspiring and he is opposable at the prices. Elm Park is another with a definite chance but I can't have him unless there is a downpour between now and race time.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.