Nap of The Day - Wednesday 1st April

cpo

7.05 Dundalk - Intense Style 0.5pt EW @ 10/1 Boylesports Jim Bolger's horses must always be respected when going for listed/group races as he very rarely sends one out that he doesn't think can go well. I feel Intense Style could be a big price here as long as he has strengthened up over the winter. On his debut he wasn't fancied going off 33/1 but he ran with plenty of promise behind The Great War. He managed to take the notable scalp of Dick Whittington on his 3rd career start but was pretty disappointing on his next 3 runs. He may have found the mile too far on his last turf start but he was right back to form on his last start of the season when winning over 6f at Dundalk. He took well to the all weather surface, which is no surprise given his pedigree and I fancy he could be tough to pass if he can get to the front from stall 6. It's more than likely he is only playing for a place but if the more fancied runners here are not 100% fit for this return to action then I would be hopeful Intense Style could take advantage. Of the 2 at the head of the market I would go with Rapid Applause over War Envoy who should really appreciate the step up to 7f. From what I have been reading his trainer has left something to work on with him, which I would imagine would be the same for the O'Brien horse.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.