Houston Open > April 2nd - 5th

Aidymac

Re: Houston Open > April 2nd - 5th Shawn Stefani @ 51 Been following this guy for a while now and feel this week is one where you want him on side. It's pretty well know that he was able to secure his card with a 5th here on his final tournament with a medical exemption. He grew up playing this course and clearly enjoys it, which is why he actually skipped a few tournaments to make sure one of his exemptions was this event. Has been knocking on the door for a while now and given he isn't qualified for the masters I think he will be primed for this event -- something I can't say about the favourites this week.

Re: Houston Open > April 2nd - 5th Always a tricky tournament to pick out the winner, although I managed it with Kim back in 2010. You can beat about the bush, but it's always someone either obvious (like JW last week) or a player from 'off page.' A couple of names I've seen mentioned that resonate for me are Russell Henley (66/1) and Chesson Hadley (100/1). Obvious form-in doesn't tend to work for the winner, but Hadley loves a long Par 72 and is far more suited to making birdies than the technical San Antonio we saw last week. Henley was the last to be expunged from my list, so expect a huge performance. Has the short game to contend, and will hit more greens this week as they are larger than standard. Noticeably played well in the closing round last year which was wet and featured receptive greens - looks to be a theme continued this year. Form links to Pebble Beach, Torrey Pines and Quail Hollow are clear to see so Nick Watney could surprise at 100/1. Rickie Fowler needs to up his game and Lee Westwood ticks these boxes as well. Call me sentimental, but I've gone for Phil Mickelson who I genuinely think the golfing public want to see find his confidence. The US media seem to be writing him off, BUT he will be 100% focussed on playing as well as he humanly can this week to build that momentum he continually talks about. 28/1 isn't a bad price looking at his course history and if the course receives rain at any point, he loves those softer conditions.

Re: Houston Open > April 2nd - 5th Tournament preview: 2pts ew P.Reed to win Shell Houston Open 16/1 Stan James (1/4 1-6) I’m very keen on Patrick Reed this week. Initially I wasn’t keen on his price but the withdrawals of Stenson and Walker have put a little bit more value on a man I rate really highly. There isn’t a short game in the world I would swap Reed’s for right now and with the fairways here wide open I think he is almost sure to have a big week. If there is a doubt it would be motivation to win so close to next week but this guy is a born winner and I’m sure he’ll be after the dubya this week. I’d be very surprised if Reed doesn’t go very close here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/shell-houston-open-betting-patrick-reed-can-warm-up-for-augusta-in-style

Re: Houston Open > April 2nd - 5th Good luck guys! Bill Haas each-way @ 40/1 Paddy Power (6 Places) Bill has had a month or so off to spend time with his wife and new born son, so I think he will be in excellent and fresh frame of mind this week, especially that he has already won a PGA Tour event this season, the Humana. He was T7 in the Cadillac before his break and had a Top 10 here in Houston a couple of years ago. Chesson Hadley each-way @ 100/1 BetVictor (5 Places) This guy played great golf in very tough conditions in the Valero Texas Open last week, and finished T4. He is in good shape coming into this and confidence will be high. He won in Puerto Rico last year, so knows how to win and the in form player has to have an outside chance. Kevin Chappell each-way @ 125/1 BetVictor (5 Places) Very hit or miss player but has lots of ability, there is no doubt about that. Caught my eye at Pebble Beach where he finished Top 20, is 3rd Top 20 of the season. He hasn't done so well in his last few events but he was T6 here two years ago.

Re: Houston Open > April 2nd - 5th Top player previews: 1pt ew J.Donaldson Top GB & Ire Player 13/2 Coral (1/5 1-3) In an ideal world you’ll hit plenty of greens in regulation around here but they’re not the easiest greens to hit so I’m going to chance Jamie Donaldson in this market. Donaldson’s tee to green stats are pretty poor on the PGA Tour but they are better in Europe which is encouraging. One thing which isn’t poor for the Welshman across the pond is his putting and scrambling statistics and that is one of the reasons I think he’ll go well. With the wider fairways meaning he should be shooting at the greens from a good position Donaldson is worth chancing in this select field. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/shell-houston-open-betting-jamie-donaldson-can-surprise-the-british-field-in-houston 1pt ew A.Lahiri Top Rest of the World Player 30/1 Bet365 (1/4 1-4) Anirban Lahiri hasn’t really made himself known across the pond yet but I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a big week here. He is sneakily long enough to get around these sorts of tracks and he has a wonderful short game. Pretty much the only thing that might let him down is inexperience but with so many looking to next week he could just chip and putt his way to a good position in this market. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/shell-houston-open-betting-anirban-lahiri-can-sneak-round-in-a-good-position

Re: Houston Open > April 2nd - 5th Top European; Brian Davis 25/1 EW Place;1,2,3,4. Brian Davis missed the cut here last year, not surprising as his game was fairly mediocre in 2014 without a single top ten to his name. Already this season Davis has been busy righting the fall and has been in the top ten twice so far. Davis holds some admirable course form with a T6 in 2013 and a T4 the previous year so we know he likes the place. Looking at the field of twenty I would envisage at least half of them may not see the weekend in Texas. Four places from twenty (as opposed to the normal five or six from 156) may well be looking attractive come Saturday. Brian Davis is back in form having taken a gap year. I expect to see him pick up here where he left off in 2013. I suggest this limited market as the outright holds a couple of future household names in Reed and Speith....they may be to hot to handle. GL with your wagers.