Conference and FA Trophy 21st February

Darran

Re: Conference and FA Trophy 21st February No problem I'll do usual preview of our game. Obviously we are in great form at the moment winning 4 in a row and ending lincoln home record last Saturday and go into the game with Eastleigh full of confidence. For the team they have they have struggled this season I expected them to be firmly in the play offs they have a very experienced team especially the strikers who caused us problems at their place. We are a very young side with only 2 players over 23 and they used that experience to expose us for the first hour to race into 3 goal lead even then we fought back with ten men and were a little unlucky not to snatch a point. I think that this is a closer game than form suggests but if we stick to our high tempo attacking play we will eventually wear them down it just a question of whether we have learnt from mistakes against them.I'd suggest chester draw no bet or chester over 1.5 team goals over the outright win

Re: Conference and FA Trophy 21st February Alfreton v Aldershot Just the one bet for me in the Conference this week and thatis Alfreton who host Aldershot. Aldershot had lost five games on the bounceuntil a 90th minute penalty gave them a 2-1 victory against Wellinglast week. They were pretty fortunate to pick up the three points that day andit has hard to work why they should be favourites against an Alfreton side whoare only five points behind them in the table. If you take out Alfreton’s 5-1loss to Macclesfield, their home form has a solid enough look to it, whereasAldershot’s away form is terrible having only won once in their last six gameson their travels. I would make Alfreton slight favourites to win this game sothe fact BetVictor go 21/10 means that is well worth a bet.

Re: Conference and FA Trophy 21st February Those of you who followed my various ante-post selections will be sitting very pretty as things stand. I would suggest though that people should back Bristol Rovers. I am taking a small risk that Macclesfield won't win the league, but I really do think it will go to Rovers or Barnet. I had been thinking about backing Rovers for a while and probably should have done sooner but 4/1 is still available and that is a fair price as things stand. I actually think they will go on to win it.

Re: Conference and FA Trophy 21st February Totally agree with addpea with his Alfreton tip, what I will add to this to make it more persuasive is a stat picked up off the Aldershot messageboard stating in the last 10 league matches Aldershot have score a paltry 7 goals while Alfreton have bagged 18! Before you chime in that Alfreton's defence leaves a lot to be desired, 22 goals conceded in those 10 games I would rather risk my money on a team who knows where the net is than one that doesn't appear to. A quick check sees 2/1(Skybet) still available but the odds are hardening all the time. Get on quick I say.

Re: Conference and FA Trophy 21st February I agree with all above if u can be bothered to go back to October ha ha I said after we played aldershot that they were one of poorest sides I've seen at this level and from reports seen since Xmas they seem to have got worse. From a personal point of view would love aldershot to continue to struggle after the way their players and fans celebrated sending us down last season (guess who we play penultimate game of season, how sweet be to send them down). Alfreton have had some good home results although both sides are poor Alfreton as has been mentioned can score so the value has to be with them

Re: Conference and FA Trophy 21st February Don't recollect us "celebrating" sending you down. Yes there may have been a few who would have preferred Hereford to stay up but it all worked out for you in the end with Hereford's demise. I agree we are poor hence my Alfreton tip and FWIW Chester have done what we should be doing and just going for it. Good luck for the rest of the season. Sent from my SM-G900F using PL Forum

Re: Conference and FA Trophy 21st February I'm sorry mate at the time we had a lot of aldershot fans (by no means all) posting messages and video clips taking the pee at the time it left a bad taste at the time that still annoys us. I still think u will be safe and I also have a feeling at least one of the relegated sides will stay up in the agm cup