Sky UKPC (Mini)

repton3

Is anyone playing the UKPC Main or Mini? Mini started on Friday I believe with the first of 11(!) day 1s. I will be going down to play day 1F at 12pm on Sat 21st, and will of course be there for Day 2 on Sunday 22nd ;) I don't think the Mini and Main overlap at all so I won't see anyone playing the big boy event unless I get deep enough to win one of the 50 added seats to it. Will be my first decent event of this year, and really looking forward to a weekend in Nottingham. If I have to carry the extra weight of a huge trophy in my car on the way back, I suppose I can just about put up with that.:cow:hope

Re: Sky UKPC (Mini)

Is anyone playing the UKPC Main or Mini? Mini started on Friday I believe with the first of 11(!) day 1s. I will be going down to play day 1F at 12pm on Sat 21st, and will of course be there for Day 2 on Sunday 22nd ;) I don't think the Mini and Main overlap at all so I won't see anyone playing the big boy event unless I get deep enough to win one of the 50 added seats to it. Will be my first decent event of this year, and really looking forward to a weekend in Nottingham. If I have to carry the extra weight of a huge trophy in my car on the way back, I suppose I can just about put up with that.:cow:hope
Trying to qualify this week for Main. Bubbled the mini qualifiers. Usual crazy play going on. Good Luck in mini.

Re: Sky UKPC (Mini) Well it wasn't to be for me unfortunately. Ended up shoving 61k on turn into 84k, with 88, board read 5657. Not really sure I could have got away from it at that point, think I made mistakes earlier in the hand. Villain pretty much snapped with QQ anyway and the river was no help. Had a funny hand earlier on, I'll post it when I am in front of a proper keyboard.

Re: Sky UKPC (Mini) ..so the hand from earlier in the tournament. At level 400/800/100, I faced a mid-pos raise on my BB to 1700, and a call from the SB. I looked down at my hand and saw 2 lovely red aces. I decided to make a largish 3bet to 7100 and both players called. Flop came down AcKsJs. The SB checked and I decided to just play straightforward on such a wet board so I bet out for 13.5k ish. The original pf raiser folded, but the SB made a quick call. The turn came out a nasty looking Qs, making it AcKsJsQs. The SB checked and I decided to now check behind because I really wanted to keep the size of the pot down now. The river came down 3s, giving us AcKsJsQs3s. I was really not loving life at this point so when the SB checked again I just gave up and checked behind. The SB turned over Qc10c for the flopped straight, and I sighed and turned over my aces as I said nice hand. Only those 2 red aces were actually 1 red ace, and the aces of spades, giving me the nut flush. Whoops! Safe to say I didn't do too well as I was not really concentrating well enough as evidenced here :( Lucky for me I had 50% of my friend's action and he made the money so I came away in profit anyway, but hope I can do better next time.