National Hunt Racing > Sunday February 8th

Leopardstown 3:50 - Hennessy Gold Cup(Grade 1) 3m Willie Mullins has two runners in the race at the moment in Boston Bob and On His Own and to be honest, Boston Bob has been rather disappointing this season. Of the two, I would fancy On His Own to perform the best as he was eye-catching when 2nd behind Road To Riches in the Lexus, and afterall he did finish 2nd in last years' Gold Cup. Carlingford Lough is a possible improver for JP McManus and Foxrock should find this too tough jumping out of handicap company. You can rule out the rest, so at the prices, Lord Windermere really appeals to me as the value in the race. It depends how hard they will be trying but the nature of the race should set it up for a finisher. Lord Windermere - 2 Points WIN @ 7/1 888Sport Read Full Preview @ http://www.punterslounge.com/hennessy-gold-cup-tip-last-years-gold-cup-winner-lord-windermere-looks-huge-value

Re: National Hunt Racing > Sunday February 8th

Leopardstown 3:50 - Hennessy Gold Cup(Grade 1) 3m Willie Mullins has two runners in the race at the moment in Boston Bob and On His Own and to be honest, Boston Bob has been rather disappointing this season. Of the two, I would fancy On His Own to perform the best as he was eye-catching when 2nd behind Road To Riches in the Lexus, and afterall he did finish 2nd in last years' Gold Cup. Carlingford Lough is a possible improver for JP McManus and Foxrock should find this too tough jumping out of handicap company. You can rule out the rest, so at the prices, Lord Windermere really appeals to me as the value in the race. It depends how hard they will be trying but the nature of the race should set it up for a finisher. Lord Windermere - 2 Points WIN @ 7/1 888Sport Read Full Preview @ http://www.punterslounge.com/hennessy-gold-cup-tip-last-years-gold-cup-winner-lord-windermere-looks-huge-value
I agree with you aidy .......I think lord windermere looks a horse that comes to hand this time of the year .....hasn't been lighting up anything of late ......but his form of last year undisputable and if he can find something near that he will run well .....7/1 looks nice value indeed lord windermere 2pts ew 7/1 888sp

Re: National Hunt Racing > Sunday February 8th Leopardstown 1:15 Kalkir was a bit keen over Christmas and may jump better in drier ground but it's hard to find excuses for him and his Fairyhouse win doesn't look like very strong form. Vercingetorix looks another top class French recruit for Simon Munir and he was very impressive on his first start over jumps but the horse I like at the prices is Officieux. This horse absolutely bolted up at Fairyhouse after a change in tactics in a decent looking maiden and Meade reckons he'll be even better on this drier ground. He set a strong pace, settled well and didn't look like stopping at all. He'll likely get some competition up front this time from Chatham House Rule who beat stable mate Petite Parisienne but he went off 66/1 the time before that and connections don't seem to rate him listening to Elliot. Cooper wasn't happy with the ride he gave Petite Parisienne that day and I fancy her to reverse the form with her stable mate but Officieux looks like he could be a lot better than his price suggests. Officieux - 1pt Win @ 10/1 Coral

Re: National Hunt Racing > Sunday February 8th Leopardstown 2:15 Cracking renewal of this race and I think it's worth looking at a couple at bigger prices. Alvisio Ville has been smashed in for the Neptune and this is reflected in his price. He won his maiden nicely but is well too short in such a competitive race with so many classy unexposed horses. Ruby has gone with Nichols Canyon over Sempre Medici but the latter ran a fine race behind Jollyallen who went ever so close to beating 154 rated Garde La Victoire next time out so that looks a very good novice hurdle. Sempre Medici made good progress entering the home straight and would have gone very close if he jumped better throughout and not clattered the last. He would be my pick out of the Mullins pair at the prices. Weld's first string Windsor Park is another interesting runner who disappointed last time here in a grade 2. He was held up that day which didn't suit and since he's dropping back in trip I reckon they'll revert to front running tactics as he stays well but also has speed as he showed in his maiden hurdle win. Second string Silver Concorde won the Champion Bumper last year but has been a bit disappointing away from Cheltenham and Windsor Park looks more appealing. Cooper said that he would have picked Tell Us More who was beaten by Mckinley over Identity Thief if he ran and the latter is very short with a few who have stronger form. Sandra Hughes' runner is a half brother to Gold Cup winner Lord Windermere but I reckon Sub Lieutenant will be much better over further and is one to keep an eye on in the future. Mckinley battled really well the last time to win a grade 1 but he's more exposed than some really talented novices and I would be surprised if he wins tomorrow. The first three in the market are well worth taking on in my eyes and Sempre Medici should go very close to winning this if he's learned from his trip to Kempton over Christmas. He may still be untidy over his hurdles as Ruby's gone with Nichols Canyon but the price takes this into account and sometimes you never know how much they've improved until they're sent to the racecourse. Windsor Park was really impressive winning here in December and I think we'll see a big improvement with a change of tactics. Sempre Medici - 2pts each-way @ 16/1 Ladbrokes Windsor Park - 2pts each way @ 10/1 Ladbrokes

Re: National Hunt Racing > Sunday February 8th 3.50pm Leopardstown – HENNESSY GOLD CUP Just the eight runners, but this looks very competitive and arguably any of them could win. The top few horses in the market look beatable as they are approaching the end of their careers and Lord Windermere has never shown his best form at Leopardstown, so I am going for an outsider and the selection is TEXAS JACK. He has raced four times over fences at the track and has yet to finish outside the first four. In this race last year, he finished just one length behind Tidal Bay and at this meeting in 2013 he finished a close second to Boston Bob, with Lord Windermere back in third. He beat Last Instalment last season and was not disgraced in fourth in the John Durkan last December. I can see this race being run to suit and Paul Carberry can get him into the race late on to make his challenge and at odds of 33/1 (Paddy Power & Stan James), he appeals as good each-way value with just eight runners.