FLAT BETTING : When to recalculate your bet size as your bankroll changes ?

iparout

Hi. I have been betting on a daily basis for 15 full months and, unfortunately, after 10 winning months (out of 12) I have bumped into a consecutive 3-month losing streak that made me reconsider my betting approach and bankroll management. I am using level stake betting, risking 2% of my bankroll on each bet. I make around 220 bets per month, apart from June-July when most leagues are on vacation so my bets are around 30-40. Weekends are the most busy days (as expected) with about 25-30 simultaneous bets on Saturdays and around 20 simultaneous bets on Sundays. Up to now, I recalculated my 2% bet size after 1000 bets (i.e. after 4 months) but this 3-month losing break almost lost me my entire bankroll since I ended up betting a very big percentage of my roll. Thus, I was wondering, when is the best time to recalculate this 2% per bet as the bankroll changes ? It is impossible to do it after each bet since I have 20-30 simultaneous bets every weekend. I was thinking of adjusting my bet size after each day, but I don't know if this is the best way to go : Losing streaks are followed by winning streaks and vice versa, so when a losing streak occurs (usually after a winning streak), I will start losing much money and also, when a winning streak comes (usually after a losing streak) I will be betting very few on each bet, thus resulting in a very slow comeback. I was thinking of adjusting my bet size each month, but I am still not sure if this is the best way to go. What's your opinion, based on my betting habits ? Thanks !

Re: FLAT BETTING : When to recalculate your bet size as your bankroll changes ?

when is the best time to recalculate this 2% per bet as the bankroll changes ? It is impossible to do it after each bet since I have 20-30 simultaneous bets every weekend. I was thinking of adjusting my bet size after each day, but I don't know if this is the best way to go : Losing streaks are followed by winning streaks and vice versa, so when a losing streak occurs (usually after a winning streak), I will start losing much money and also, when a winning streak comes (usually after a losing streak) I will be betting very few on each bet, thus resulting in a very slow comeback. I was thinking of adjusting my bet size each month, but I am still not sure if this is the best way to go. What's your opinion, based on my betting habits ?
I wouldn't worry too much about this. The discipline of sticking to approximately 2% is the main thing, not how or when you change it as your 'bank' changes. I try to stick to 2% myself, and tend to change it when the bank reaches certain amounts. If I start with £100, then I change it when it either declines to £50 or rises to £200. So at £100, stake would be £2, if it goes down to £50 I reduce it to £1 and if it goes up to £200 then I increase it to £4. 10 winning months out of 15 suggests you are doing well, but it's always worth analysing what worked for you and what didn't to see what lessons you can learn.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.