** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Trapper's Greyhound Thread

Re: Trapper's Greyhound Thread 9.04 Sheffield Betfred.com Standard 500m Open Swerving the Steel City Cup, although will be playing with Candlelight King which I have previously tipped. Going with trap 3 - Pay Freeze 1pt Win 11/4 Bet 365 Has had only one bad run at Sheffield which was last time out against underground Paul. You have to go back to December 2013 to see last time it was out of the placings here. Opposing Sidaz Jack which is roughly joint favorite as this dog has only trialled at Sheffield which is a negative for me. Wouldnt be totally surprised if there is an upset tonight, any of the trap 4 5 or 6 dogs may have a squeak at this,

Re: Trapper's Greyhound Thread 9.56 Romford 0.5pt e/w Trap 5 Totti hodgey 7/2 Bet 365 Yet another struggle to find anything worth betting on. Paul young trained, started the year in A5 and had first A1 attempt a fortnight ago making 3rd place. Generally has early pace but was better earlier in career.

Re: Trapper's Greyhound Thread 5th :( 8.18 Hove Trap 1 Go Katie Go 1pt Win 3/1 William Hill Seamus Cahill trained dog who has had one proper race over course and distance and won, with a very similar trial time to race win time. Firefly in trap 2 and Savana in trap 6 are main threats in race I feel. Hoping this will be a trend continuing of winning opens, and that the dog feels at home at Hove. Bank 111.88 edited for spelling mistake and word missed out

Re: Trapper's Greyhound Thread 22.11 Romford 0.5pt e/w Toosey Fern 8/1 William Hill Taking a chance on the Mark Wallis trained September 12 dog. Has won opens in course and distance, couple of 3rds in trap 6 and a 1st in trap 5 open. Does have early when trapping well and times are slowly improving. My thinking is that the inside traps will crowd up first bend giving an advantage to the outside.

Re: Trapper's Greyhound Thread Fern came second, out by a neck. Thought the dog ran very well. 8.26 Newcastle - Vatican Boo Boo 0.5pt e/w 8/1 Sky bet / Paddy Power Going for the value here. Doesnt run badly at all out of trap 1. Negative for me is the fact it hasnt had a run here before. Has had 5 wins and 5 2nds in short career, September 12 dog only been running since March this year. Not a slim dog, weighing in at 33kg aprox. Wins 9 2nds 3 Loss 17 Bank 111.38

Re: Trapper's Greyhound Thread Just realised I have picked this before :( Will this once let my selection stand. Having had a look at cards tonights Newcastle heats for puppy and all england final, i can only see favourites that I like, which arent value in my eyes. May have a multiple on 8.42 european queen, 8.58 swift keith, 10.03 newinn yolo and 10.35 calzaghe davy. They are dogs I like but I dont like the odds. The only other dog which I considered was Newcastle 10.18 trap 1 Calzaghe George 7/2. Will struggle against Maum Legend which has better times and has beaten george twice now. if Maum hits trouble on 1st bend, would give george an opportunity on rail. If price was better would maybe of picked it.

Re: Trapper's Greyhound Thread Another selection loses. All the others pretty poor too in the multiple - 2 out of four win at lousy odds. 8.30 Henlow 1pt Win Blue Moment 9/4 Bet 365 3 wins recently, 2 over c&d. Glad its inside Leamaneigh Turbo, who along with Blackrose Vic are main threats.

Re: Trapper's Greyhound Thread Horse and dog selections gone to pot this October. Turbo won. 8.47 Romford 0.5pt e/w SP Oopys Basil A couple of 2nds over course and distance last two runs. Old dog who may have a few more wins in his career yet. No time for in depth study of dog form this week as just started a new job today.

Re: Trapper's Greyhound Thread 3rd. 10.00 Sheffield Trap 1 Demesne Rambo 1pt Win @ SP Couple of winning trials for this August 12 greyhound. The only reason it caught my eye was the fact my father in law owned a couple of greyhounds, and one held the Demesne name so that is the only connection.

Re: Trapper's Greyhound Thread chalking up another loser 10.26 Romford trap 2 0.5pt e/w Never Said Owt 6/1 William Hill hoping for improvement from this dog which has won A1 and A2 races before. Should be becoming an expert over course and distance If only rediscovering the early pace from April and May this year.

Re: Trapper's Greyhound Thread 2nd :( not a bad run by any means but beaten by class dog. Nottingham 8.07 Trap 5 Pennys Yukon 7/1 Bet 365 0.5pt Win Has come 2nd in open and had wins over A3 and A2 class races. Filey Jet in 2 obvious fav however any crowding on inside and I can see this young dog having a sniff in this race.

Re: Trapper's Greyhound Thread October still poor. Lost 8.15 Henlow 1pt Win Trap 6 Corner Crash 5/2 Bet 365 Loves Henlow this dog, shows plenty of early with two 2nds and a win in last three runs over course and distance. Just cant see any other dog in this race coming close. Due to my new job - I cant mantain the time and effort to do this every day anymore, however will try and put up a selection for Sky greyhound races and some thursday thru sunday rpgtv races if time permits.

Re: Trapper's Greyhound Thread 9.56 hove. Trap 5. Sizzles eagle. 1pt win. 4/1 coral April 13 dog who has won 2 trials and a d1. Think it will be an interesting race. Can see trap 1 or 3 with a chance however. Pretty open Hove contest, nothing stands out for me over tonight's cards.

Re: Trapper's Greyhound Thread 8.45 Sittingbourne 0.5pt e/w Newinn Hawk 12/1 BetFred Ricky Holloway trained, has had silver medal over course and distance last two runs, hoping it will finally get a gold and at a big price. So many 2nds, 3rds and 4ths, this is a consstant dog. Have to go back to May at Wimbledon for its last victory. Has been beaten by a head to Soviet Miltary, which is a class dog. Main threat Cornamaddy Jumbo in t6 fave, which hawk lost out by a head last time out. Think there may be some checking between t5 and t6 which may push them out very wide, so hawk if pinging well and gets to rail 1st may have it in bag. Bank 109.38 Wins 10 2nds 3

Re: Trapper's Greyhound Thread 5th 7.46 hove. Trap 5. Jet stream smurf. 10/1 coral 2 wins over course and distance recently with 2nd at sittingbourne last time out. think this dog represents good value. Think a duel with Jaytee lightning and droopys Norris in traps 1 and 2 may be to smurfs advantage.

Re: Trapper's Greyhound Thread 2nd. better than nowt. 1026 Romford Trap 6 Slick Satellite 7/1 Stan James Real tricky race this, t1 has had 3 wins on bounce on c&d, t2 has 100% trap record with 1sts and 2nd at wimbledon, t3 messi has 3 x 1st and a 2nd over c&d. t4 have selected before - inconsistant and t5 doing the rounds here and there. I think Slick satellite on the outside could well run very well, my thinking being if messi encounters trouble with the other dogs from t1, 2 and 4, slick could take advantage of the traffic on inside.

Re: Trapper's Greyhound Thread 2nd, took 7/1 and moved to 7/2 sp. 8.58 Wimbledon 0.5pt e/w Farley Chicken 5/1 Like Millwards teddy, but not at short odds so going for the chicken which I think will run a good race. I dont have much luck at Wimbledon betting wise, however will ignore chickens last run, has been 1st or 2nd over course and distance since August. Does come out of traps consistantly so think that the wide dogs will break clear of rest of pack and duel to the finish!

Re: Trapper's Greyhound Thread the one dog yesterday that failed to win or place for me in doubles and trebles :( Going for 8.11 Sittingbourne 0.5pt e/w Data Suzie 5/1 William Hill Taking a chance on the local dog here tonight. Very open race really. Does ping out well, bit of an unknown how it will react to trap 5. Think dog is open to improvement and times are reducing over course and distance. Never heard of Gemma Coney the trainer before today, very small outfit but has worked for Dave Mullins and Dean Childs has helped her out, according to google.

Re: Trapper's Greyhound Thread New month, Wimbledon 1925 Racenight Jenny 1pt Win 3/1 Coral Won last time out over course and distance open race, 2 previous trials won too over shorter distance. Difficult race for sure, like Fizzypop magic in 6, and chicago in t3 short fave. Interesting viewing later tonights wimbledon races - however no confidence as cant pick winners at this track.

Re: Trapper's Greyhound Thread 1915 Henlow 1pt Win Blackrose Amber Trap 5 7/2 Bet 365 Cant find anything I like today, so taking a stab in the dark with this dog. Has come 1st and 2nd out of this trap at Henlow over c&d, can ping quickly and if recapturing form could make it under 28 seconds. Pretty even race, no clear favourite, maybe a forecast for the 3 Blackrose dogs.

Re: Trapper's Greyhound Thread Non runner, Blackrose camino did win as fave. Will try 2115 Henlow, 4/1 Coral 0.5pt e/w Quite like look of this dog, has run well at Hove, Yarmouth and Wimbledon. Last run at Nottingham not so good but will see how this pans out. Had a reasonable trial a few weeks back.

Re: Trapper's Greyhound Thread Was Forest Sara, finished 4th. 2045 Henlow 0.5pt e/w Trap 6 Airforce Karla 5/1 Bet 365 October 12 hound which has had 2 1sts and 2 2nds in open racing at Romford. Generally quick away, times all been sub 25 seconds over 400m. Trip not an issue here, and Mark Wallis trained. May be inside crowding first band to favour the wide draw. Bank 108.08 Wins 11 2nds 5

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Trapper's Greyhound Thread Bank 108.08 Wins 11 2nds 5 2100 Henlow Trap 2 He Got Fame 14/1 Corals Interesting Jun 12 greyhound which has been 1st and 2nd in the last four races at Henlow, which includes winning an open here. Price is massive, and although Blackrose Vic is a fantastic hound, think that he got fame if pings well out of trap 2 and vic gets into traffic over 1st two bends could result in a nice priced winner. Golden Wonder inconsistant, thinking big may not be ideally placed with vic on inside.

• 3 weeks later...