Aston Villa v Hull City > Sunday August 31st

Re: Aston Villa v Hull City > Sunday August 31st Aston Villa v Hull Source William Hill Opta Stats · Andreas Weimann scored two goals in four minutes in this fixture last season. · Hull have failed to score in eight of their last nine games against Aston Villa. · Seven different Villa players have been booked this season in the Premier League, more than at any other club. · Villa have mustered just one shot on target this season, fewer than any other Premier League side. · Villa have never kept clean sheets in their opening three Premier League games of the season before. · The last time the Villans shut the opposition out in their opening three top-flight games was 1900-01. · Hull have made more defensive clearances (95) than any other Premier League team this season. · If Hull score it will be the first time they've scored in five successive Premier League away games since September 2009. · Steve Bruce's Premier League win percentage at Hull is 28%, the same as it was at Birmingham and Sunderland (it was 32% at Wigan). · Steve Bruce has presided over 99 draws as a Premier League manager.

Re: Aston Villa v Hull City > Sunday August 31st If ever a game had 0-0 written all over it, then this it. Villa just can't get anything going up front with Agbonlahor and Weimann, and desperately miss Beneteke. If I was Paul Lambert I'd give Darren Bent a go instead of Agbonlahor. The defence looks alot stronger this season though with Vlaar and Senderos and Hutton coming back into the team. Hull have Robert Snodgrass out injured and have sold Shane Long to Southampton, and like Villa look unable to score. This week they signed Michael Dawson from Tottenham which is a plus but James Chester is missing through suspension. The only thing that might turn this in Villa's favour is the fact that Hull played on Thursday night meaning theyve played 3 games in under a week and last Sunday's game against Stoke they played 3/4 of the match with 10 men.

Re: Aston Villa v Hull City > Sunday August 31st The Villans are on the brink of breaking a 100 year defensive record. Simply baffling. Aly Cissokho takes care of their defensive duties on the left, returning Hutton on the right that suddenly looks like a bolder Zabaletta, and Senderos in the middle, of all people. Amazing. In a league where Stoke from absolutely disconnected show-up at the Etihad to compete, Pallace score in 30 seconds and Gary Monk will take Swansea in the champions league the way they are playing, there isn't a free penny on this side. The same squad will start for the home side that played in the last two league matches. Vlaar and Cissokho should shake off a slight injury. Returning N'Zogbia looks good, Richardson will feature in the midfield. Relatively toothless so far this Villa side and the defensive part of the game is what brings them results. If you are into stats, recent history would tell that Villa being favorite at home means nothing. Myself I'd oppose them often just looking at the names in the starting line-up. I don't expect them to be consistent through a longer period of time, especially on the defensive end. Poor Hull will be devasted by their EL qualifiers, the coach was explicit that he'd like to see a euro match on home soil, I think for the first time in the history of the club. He didn't play his finest 11 mid-week, so it is the case that he maybe knows better. I'd imagine that they'll pick themselves up for this match rather than wallow. The likes of Huddleston, apparently crucial for creating chances by some stats, Jelavic and Ince will return to the squad, the latter two leading the offensive line. Dawson, ex-spurs veteran with over 250 premiership matches will take the boots of the suspended Chester at the Center of defense. They undeservedly beat Qpr, visit to Loftus Road, and looked the better side at home with 10 man for the whole match against a very poor Stoke. It looks like a goalless draw indeed, I'd go out on a limb and give Hull the advantage. +0.25 Hull is just below evens at most Asians. It should be a tight match in most possible scenarios, hope the visitors are able to nick it.