Ryder cup of poker

Markpl1

Interesting question here if there was a ryder cup style poker comp. What would your teams be for each side. Europe vs USA 6 players each with a playing captain. My choices are as follows. Europe Dave "Devilfish" Ulliott © Gus Hansen Dave Colclough Ram Vaswani Surinder Sunar Simon "Aces" Trumper USA Phil Hellmuth © Phil Ivey Doyle Brunson Howard Lederer Chip Reese Chris Ferguson The US team would obviously be most favourites. I would particular look forward to Hellmuth vs Colclough after their massive spat a few years back colclough still can't stand phil. P.S I think to even things up the europeans could try convince Daniel Negreanu of his Europan heritage.

Re: Ryder cup of poker Depends whether it was just NL Texas hold'em and what the format was but here's my picks: European six-man team: Noah Boeken Dave Colclough Rob Hollink Gus Hansen Willie Tann © Charalambos Xanthos USA six-man team: Chris Ferguson © Ted Forrest Phil Hellmuth, Jr. Phil Ivey Erick Lindgren Michael Mizrachi ....surely there WILL be some sort of Ryder Cup of poker soon enough (probably with Barry Hearn's grubby fingers involved 'un all!)? :loon

Re: Ryder cup of poker We have to get daniel negranue on the european time somehow, I know he is canadian but imo he is the best NL hold em tournament player in the world at the moment. For WPT watchers, series 3 which we will see soon features him just destroying every final table he is on. surely he has a scottish granny or something :lol Ivey is definately one of the best as well (if not THE best cash game player - he doesnt play tourneys anymore)...he would have to captain the US. As for a real ryder cup of poker...Pokerstars.com do a world cup of poker every year, I think they are at the quarters atm. Jez

Re: Ryder cup of poker For sheer entertainment value I'd like to see Phil "Unabomber" Laak on the American team. The guy's absolute quality. Did anyone see the WPT event he won awhile back? It was funny as f*ck. Every time he was involved in a hand he'd pull the hood of his sweatshirt over his head and lye his face flat on the table so nobody could get a read on him. He was also running around the table and doing press ups whenever he won a pot. The other players at the table looked totally bemused.

Re: Ryder cup of poker I was researching something else but stumbled across this. I've never heard of the Transatlantic Cup but last November, the Hendon Mob took on a team composed of Full Tilt Poker pros of Andy Bloch, Chris Ferguson, Phil Ivey and Paul Wolfe and got thumped 3-1 in heads-up matches. Match 1: Andy Bloch def. Ram Vaswani Match 2: Paul Wolfe def. Ross Boatman (Wolfe substituted for Howard Lederer who was sick.) Match 3: Joe Beevers def. Phil Ivey Match 4: Chris Ferguson def. Barny Boatman It's April 2005, why haven't I heard of this?! :lol