Which site? Any advice?

Js90

Hi all, played online poker before but nothing to serious. Fancy giving it a go again, used to play with Skybet & Bet365. After looking online ive signed up with 888Poker, seems to be a decent site with many different tables available. I mainly played DoubleOrNothing games as i find i win the majority of these i play and enter the odds tournament every now and then. Just deposited £20.00 for now and will stick to low stakes till i can get used to it or build a bigger bank. Any words of advice? Cheers

Re: Which site? Any advice? HI JS, Welcome back to poker, good luck and have fun. 1) First is probably something that you remember from when you played before and that is variance is a Bi*ch, especially with Sng's. Try not to take any beats to heart, think long term. If you put the volume in and concentrate on optimising good ICM decisions, the results should come. 2) BRM BRM BRM, so important worth mentioning more than once. Effective Bankroll Management is the key to managing downswings and optimising upswings. 50BI BRM is pretty standard for Sng's with no less than 30BI for DoN, but adjust according to your own appetite for risk/reward and/or the availability of additional funds. 3) The only other advice is to adapt to whichever variant you are playing. In top 3 from 9 or 10 full ring sngs you need to take advantage of good situations when they arise whereas in DoN survival is everything and it's actually ok to fold QQ 3-way at times. In DoN more than any other form of poker, be aware of (all) chipstack sizes, blind structures both now and next level.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.