Nap Of The Day - Saturday 19th July 2014

That Is The Spirit 3.15pm Newbury - 14-1 SkyBet/Coral (both Best Odds Guaranteed) Only 6-7lb separating most of the field except the 83 rated Trader Jack. There are two 3yr olds taking on their elders here and That Is The Spirit gets the vote here and is one of those two. He is a lightly raced, improving type that I love to back and I can't believe the price. Tudhope feels this is his best ride of the weekend and he is one of the best and most underrated jockeys riding at the moment. My main concern is the possibility of something else wanting to race prominently with him and him getting into a race and fading but he gets 7f and drops to 6f today. Tudhope rides really well from the front and seems to have a knack for kicking at the right time, watch his latest rides on Balducci for examples. I feel this trip could be ideal as he won't be stopping and seems to have the speed for 6f. He actually looked to idle a bit over 7f at Epsom and nearly got caught by Parbold. He looked very good on his first 2 outings and the race last time out possibly came too soon. He's had a break of 31 days now and the main concern is fast ground. He is rated within 7lb of the top rated on 113 and gets 5lb age allowance. I was concerned about the form of the O'Meara stable recently but he's firing in winners again now. If there isn't any rain he's likely to be a non runner so I'll be doing a rain dance later. :)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.