** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NBA Picks, Monday

Detroit over Chicago (+1) @1.93 (www.canbet.com) I'll go with the hotter hand in this one. Or should i call it tighter grasp, since it's the Pistons we're talking about. D is for Detroit, everybody knows that, and with Pistons getting their stops once again, everyone should be scared of them. Here's an interesting fact, they were able to hold their last 6 playoff-bound opponents under 100 points. That just says they CAN get stops against anyone when they need to. Chicago's run has been nothing but impressive, BUT last time they beat a really good team was on March 28th against Memphis. This is how they got their wins since that game @Cha, Cle, Cha, @Orl, Tor. And they also lost to Shaq-less Miami (86-104). They had a lot of injury problems, but they were obviously very lucky with their schedule. Tonight they'll have to go without Luol Deng (out for season) and Eddy Curry (out indefinitely). Baby Bulls just qualified for playoffs, so having a couple of bad games wouldn't be a surprise. Most of them are kids after all. Outrebounding their opponents usually has been the key to Chicago's victories, do you really think they can dominate the boards against Detroit? Key Factor: DETROOOOOOOOOIT BASKEEEEEEEETBAAAAAAALL !!! Golden State over Denver (-10) @1.92 (www.multibet.com) Yes, Denver is one of maybe 5 teams (but probably less than that) i rate higher than Warriors at this point, but i'd take Warriors and their run-and-have-fun +10 against the Dream Team right now. They should get a wildcard playoff spot with the way they are playing. The only 'bad' thing about this game is the fact Warriors had to play double OT last night against Spurs. But these guys are young and full of energy, plus their roster is deep. The fact that only B Diddy played for more than 45 minutes helps. And i always like a team that goes to a game with 'We almost had that last game, now let's take this one' approach. Golden State can drop 100 on anyone (managed to do it in 12 of last 13 games), so they should be able to keep up with Nuggets' high scoring. I see Denver as favourites to win (although Warriors definitely have their chances), but 10 points, that's just too much. Key Factor: Warriors' moneyline (5.50 at Centrebet) is just mouthwatering. Memphis over Dallas (-7) @1.95 (www.pinnaclesports.com) Dallas has become a contender, after all those circus-years, but Memphis has been built like a contender ever since Jerry West became their GM. Actually it started even before 'the Logo' came to town, when they traded for Pau Gasol. So Memphis, a serious team, with a serious GM and a serious coach, trying to secure a playoff spot tonight, will go against Dallas, a team that can't go up or down in the standings. Speaking of motivation. Still, i don't expect Mavericks to just flop and let Memphis get an easy 'W' tonight. Grizzlies are winning, they are 4-1 in April, their only loss was at the hands of 'Golden Nuggets' (94-97), and their 4 wins were by average margin of nearly 20 points. Dallas has also been impressive with 'the General' in charge so this should be one hell of a game. And a close one as well. That Euro-phenom matchup, featuring best two non-American players, Gasol and Nowitzki, is also something worth a look. Key Factor: Just like Golden State, Grizzlies have their chances of even winning in this one (3.40 at Easybets)

Re: NBA Picks, Monday Sani, if u r out there how do u rate the Pacers chances tonight at Toronto? Toronto lost five out of 7, Pacers got stung last game, but have been playing well with Reggie. Thinking about a dabble on the Pacers at 1.7 Any opinions?

Re: NBA Picks, Monday I'm actually going to the game tonight. Qutite why i'm not sure as the raptors don't give you much encouragment, but its still NBA basketball (although only just). All things being equal you'd think the Pacers should win. The Raptors have been absolutely horrible the last couple of weeks. They're a funny team though very unpredictable. They do actually play quite well at home and the Pacers have certainly been playing above themselves with the amount of talent they've had on the floor. On top of that the Pacers played an overtime game in NY yesterday. I wouldn't touch the 1.7 on the moneyline. They may well win but its not a great bet. If you look at the Raptors this year they've played well when they've had a few days off to prepare. The Pacers should win but its a very tricky game. If the Raptors play their best game they'll win. But on the evidence of their recent displays this is unlikely. I see this going one of two ways the Raptors win a close one or the Pacers cover by at least 5 or so. If you really want to bet on this game the smart play is probably to look around for enhanced handicaps. Look on a site that has various handicaps on a sliding scale and take the Pacers -3.5 or -4,5 or something at the enhanced odds against.

Re: NBA Picks, Monday

Sani, if u r out there how do u rate the Pacers chances tonight at Toronto? Toronto lost five out of 7, Pacers got stung last game, but have been playing well with Reggie. Thinking about a dabble on the Pacers at 1.7 Any opinions?
Take it mate. Raptors are done. They cant match the pacers talent-wise. The pacers are tied with the wizards 3.5 games behind the bulls. The pacers will play hard on this game and will beat the raptors straight up. Plus Donyell Marshall is out.

Re: NBA Picks, Monday

Take it mate. Raptors are done. They cant match the pacers talent-wise. The pacers are tied with the wizards 3.5 games behind the bulls. The pacers will play hard on this game and will beat the raptors straight up. Plus Donyell Marshall is out.
Talent wise the Pacers haven't actually got that much right now. They're just playing above themselves with great defence and rebounding. You'er right about the Raptors though they really are playing like they're done and they really really do miss Donyell, esp from 3 point range. 1.7 though is not good value against an unpredictable team who play well at home. Look for the enhanced handicaps.

Re: NBA Picks, Monday Like last nite with SA, tonite GS @ $5.5 just seems too much. Agree with u Sani on this one mate, will be taking the points +10.5 and a bit on the monel line as well. Also taking Houston ML over Seattle. Seattle really struggling at the moment with Lewis again looking doubtful for this game, along with Radmanovic, Fortson and Daniels. Playing it a little safe with the ML as opposed to the -2.5. Think this will probably go over as well, as Seattles D has had problems recently as well. Giving up 121 117 122 an 101 in their last 4 losses. Over 190.5 looks good. 5/10 GS +10.5 2/10 GS ML 6/10 Houston ML 5/10 Over 190.5

Re: NBA Picks, Monday I had a 4 game combo on my local bookie: Detroit over Chicago Houston over Phoenix Charlotte over Atlanta Phoenix over LAL It was @8.62, and all my teams won, BUT phukkin' local bookies 'OT is not a part of the game' rules. That's it, this was the last time i bet there. CRAP.

Re: NBA Picks, Monday Oh that's fooking terrible if that's the case. No 20/1 draw option offered? If a game goes to OT does it count as a push or are you screwed if you bet the favourite minus points? What were the rules? Heartbreaking stuff but go to a legit bookie, that's all I can say. Tell us who they were (even if they're just local to you, we'd like to know who they are).

Re: NBA Picks, Monday There is the draw option, but that's still bullshit. It's a crapy local bookie here in Srbija so naming them wouldn't make sense, since it's like that with EVERY SINGLE local bookie here. I'd go to one of legit online bookies (who also have higher lines), but i don't have a credit card. I can't explain how pissed off i am right now, it's not the money, i just don't like getting screwed. That combo would've been @10 or something like that online, here it was @8.62 and i lose even though my teams won. It just stinks.