** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

England vs Sri Lanka - T20 International & ODI Series

kevshat

England's home international summer is a week away from starting but Sri Lanka's tour of England starts on Tuesday in Chelmsford so I'm sure the attention is about to increase on this series so now is a good time to get a thread going. England play the T20 world champions in 1xT20 match before a 5 match ODI series, all of which is live on Sky in the UK. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOtr] [TD=width: 25%]Tue May 13 (50 ovs) 13:00 GMT | 14:00 local 14:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] Essex v Sri Lankans County Ground, Chelmsford [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 38.png 5 - 16° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOtr] [TD=width: 25%] Fri May 16 (50 ovs) 13:00 GMT | 14:00 local 14:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] Kent v Sri Lankans St Lawrence Ground, Canterbury [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 30.png 10 - 19° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOtr] [TD=width: 25%] Sun May 18 (20 ovs) 13:30 GMT | 14:30 local 14:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] Sussex v Sri Lankans County Ground, Hove [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Tue May 20 (20 ovs) 17:00 GMT | 18:00 local 18:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] Only T20I - England v Sri Lanka Kennington Oval, London [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Thu May 22 (50 ovs) 12:00 GMT | 13:00 local 13:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st ODI - England v Sri Lanka Kennington Oval, London [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun May 25 (50 ovs) 09:30 GMT | 10:30 local 10:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd ODI - England v Sri Lanka Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Wed May 28 (50 ovs) 13:00 GMT | 14:00 local 14:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd ODI - England v Sri Lanka Old Trafford, Manchester [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sat May 31 (50 ovs) 09:30 GMT | 10:30 local 10:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 4th ODI - England v Sri Lanka Lord's, London [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Tue Jun 3 (50 ovs) 13:00 GMT | 14:00 local 14:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 5th ODI - England v Sri Lanka Edgbaston, Birmingham [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: England vs Sri Lanka - T20 International & ODI Series T20 preview: 4pts England to beat Sri Lanka 10/11 Ladbrokes Some people are surprised that England are favourites in this match but I think it is fair enough. Jayawardene and Sangakkara are going to take a lot of replacing and I’m not convinced Malinga will be much cop as a captain without them. Sri Lanka will probably need more than one game to adjust to not having them with the bat too. With Dernbach on the scrapheap the England attack looks good and with a powerful batting line up they can get it done here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-sri-lanka-betting-england-can-repeat-their-world-t20-win-over-sri-lanka

Re: England vs Sri Lanka - T20 International & ODI Series ODI Series preview: 4pts Sri Lanka to win ODI Series 6/5 Spreadex I fancied England in the T20s but I can’t be having them in the ODIs. Sri Lanka are masters of this format of the game and have everything needed to be successful in this series. In the Champions Trophy last year Sri Lanka annihilated England at The Oval and with their batting depth, canny spinners and the Malinga effect I expect Sri Lanka to win a series against an England side who really are rebuilding in this format. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-sri-lanka-odi-series-betting-sri-lanka-can-take-the-odi-series-from-england

Re: England vs Sri Lanka - T20 International & ODI Series 1st ODI preview: 4pts Sri Lanka to win 1st ODI Evs Winner Sports Sri Lanka won the last time these two met on this ground in 50 over cricket and I’ve seen nothing to suggest they won’t win this game too. They have a deep and classy batting line up and enough canny bowlers to assist Lasith Malinga and defend a total. England’s bowling takes too much assault at the end of an innings and their batting line up hasn’t batted as a unit for a while so it is Sri Lanka for me in the series opener. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-sri-lanka-1st-odi-betting-sri-lanka-can-draw-first-blood-at-the-oval

Re: England vs Sri Lanka - T20 International & ODI Series 2nd ODI preview: 4pts I.Bell Over 24.5 runs 5/6 Paddy Power Ian Bell looks in excellent form right now and I see no reason why he can’t go well again. Lasith Malinga aside there isn’t a huge amount to trouble him with the new ball and the wide open spaces at the Riverside should suit him as he can chip into gaps for twos and threes rather than have to smash the like out of it for fours and sixes. Bell has been in good form for England and Warwickshire this season and 24.5 runs looks in his range here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-sri-lanka-2nd-odi-betting-ian-bell-can-get-england-off-to-another-good-start

Re: England vs Sri Lanka - T20 International & ODI Series 3rd ODI preview: 4pts Sri Lanka to win 3rd ODI 10/11 Skybet Sri Lanka’s dominance in the last match shouldn’t be underestimated because it was their bowlers that did the damage and England’s strength is with the bat. That gives the home side plenty to think about and I see no reason to get away from Angelo Mathews’ men now. They showed in the last game that it isn’t all about Lasith Malinga with the ball and that bodes well for Sri Lanka so I’ll go with them here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-sri-lanka-3rd-odi-betting-sri-lanka-can-take-the-lead-in-the-series-at-old-trafford

Re: England vs Sri Lanka - T20 International & ODI Series 4th ODI preview: 4pts C.Jordan's Performance Pts - 37&Over 5/6 Bet365 This series is so unpredictable that I’ve given up with predicting the match outcome but one thing I am happy to predict is another big performance from England’s rising star Chris Jordan. Jordan already has three and five wicket hauls in this series so far and we saw in the opening ODI how destructive he can be with the bat. The slope should assist his bowling here and if he gets a bat I see no reason why he wouldn’t go well. Throw in his fielding ability too and he should be able to cover 37pts here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-sri-lanka-4th-odi-betting-chris-jordan-can-impress-at-lord-s

Re: England vs Sri Lanka - T20 International & ODI Series

3rd ODI preview: 4pts Sri Lanka to win 3rd ODI 10/11 Skybet Sri Lanka’s dominance in the last match shouldn’t be underestimated because it was their bowlers that did the damage and England’s strength is with the bat. That gives the home side plenty to think about and I see no reason to get away from Angelo Mathews’ men now. They showed in the last game that it isn’t all about Lasith Malinga with the ball and that bodes well for Sri Lanka so I’ll go with them here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-sri-lanka-3rd-odi-betting-sri-lanka-can-take-the-lead-in-the-series-at-old-trafford
kev, do you reckon england are a good bet if conditions are bad with the weather forecast. I think the Sri Lankans are gonna struggle against the swinging ball in the test series and in ODIs england still look a decent price if they play like they did in last odi when rolling the lankans over for 66 ao

Re: England vs Sri Lanka - T20 International & ODI Series Forecast isn't too bad. In theory this will be the weather Sri Lanka enjoy the most. As for who will win, this series is way too unpredictable to predict it with any confidence. I'd say the team batting first might be disadvantaged a bit with a 10.30 start but apart from that anything can happen.

Re: England vs Sri Lanka - T20 International & ODI Series 5th ODI preview: 4pts England Most 6s Evs Coral England have won the sixes battle in this series in three of the four matches, only going down at Durham where they were pony with the bat. I think we’ve seen enough in this series to suggest that collapse was a one off so I’m happy to trust them to hit the most sixes in this decider. From Eoin Morgan at five down to Jordan at eight England have huge hitters while Bell and Ballance can clear ropes too. Sri Lanka are far more likely to score along the ground or chipping into gaps than bludgeoning balls everywhere so I like England most sixes here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-sri-lanka-5th-odi-betting-england-can-hit-the-most-sixes-in-series-decider