Best Bet Of The Day Comp ~ Sunday May 11th

3.55 Longchamp Pretty good renewal of the Saint-Georges Stakes at Longchamp tomorrow and a few English raiders trying their luck as per usual. Last years winner Catcall looks to have a very strong hand for a repeat after some decent runs in Meydan including 5th in the big sprint behind Amber Sky and Shea Shea. That was on good ground and this 5yo will be much better suited by the softer conditions here and appears to have a few pounds in hand to me. He's drawn 10 the same stall he was in when 2nd in the A'bbaye and high numbers dominated this race twelve months ago. The second fav is the 3yo Signs Of Blessing, he won a Listed race last time but is stepping up in class big time here and could be anything, i'd be surprised if he could win this with so little experience. Stepper Point ran well last time and here last year but i think the ground may have gone against him and Hamza would also like it firmer. Smoothtalkinrascal won at Musselburgh the other week but this is much harder and one at a price which is interesting would be Mirza. He dead heated here last September after some below par runs last season and if he's now back to his best he could run well from an outside draw on his preferred ground. Selections: 1pt Catcall 11/4 PP/WH

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Comp ~ Sunday May 11th Leopardstown 2:55 I am willing to give Dandy Boy another chance in this Group 3 tomorrow, he is more than capable of landing this if anywhere near his best. He ran well enough at Redcar in a Listed race last time out finishing 4th and he has run well over a mile a few times in the past. He finished 2nd over course and distance here in 2010 in a Group 3 behind Beethoven. He finished 4th in a Group 1 at Haydock behind Society Rock in 2012, beat less than 3 lengths and that sort of form would win this race comfortably. Well worth a small investment at 25/1. Dandy Boy WIN @ 25/1 Bet365

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.