BBOTD - Wednesday 23rd April

14.20 Epsom: Jakey @ 9/1 Bet365 Really interesting and competitive Handicap here tomorrow at Ascot. I do really like the chance of Jakey, for many reasons. I was extremely impressed with his seasonal reappearance as a 4 year old at Kempton three weeks ago. The race was run at a crawl which didn't quite suit him, he was sweating quite heavily before the off already and he was keen like a bull throughout the whole race, still tanking turning for home! He then looked for a short moment a bit in trouble when the front-runner increased the pace suddenly, but he quickly found his stride, and produced a lovely turn of foot to win with authority. He looks physically improved now as a 4yo and looks like a horse with loads of potential. He was mightily impressive when he won a maiden at Epsom last year over 10f, so he clearly is fine on the course, and I have no doubts about the trip whatsoever. Slight worry is the ground though, I would imagine he is better on good ground, but on pedigree at least, the soft going shouldn't be too much of an issue. We certainly find out tomorrow. I think this horse is ten pounds plus better than the current mark and I expect a huge performance, from this lightly raced gelding, if he can produce his best on this kind of ground.

Re: BBOTD - Wednesday 23rd April 1450 epsom 1pt win hartnell 5/2 betfred marc johnson saddles up 2 for this derby trial,and i will go for the one who holds an derby entry,although if stars of the sea does win this trial he will get a place,but im hopeful hartnell can win this, he has won 3 races and placed 3 times in 7 races,including an easy win at newmarket last november ,7 days later he had a placed 3rd in france,this is his seasonal debut,but the johnson horses seem to be in form at the moment,and i would expect a big run tomorrow

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.