BBOTD - Sunday 23rd March

16.40 Currag: Bold Thaddy Quill @ 25/1 Paddy Power - 0.5pts e/w I feel my old friend Bold Thaddy Quill is way too big @ 25/1 and he has every chance to run into the places at least. He was desperately unlucky in this race last year when he didn't get a clear passage when it mattered and just got clear run really late, yet finished 3rd in the end. He's much higher in the mark tomorrow, but he improved over the course of last year and is up to this mark now. He won a Listed race at Cork, and he finished a strong runner-up to Declaration of War. he ran with loads of credit in a couple of Group 3's as well, while the second half of the season he was then probably over the boil. Key to him is the ground, the more rain the better for him. It's soft to heavy at the Curragh tomorrow, so exactly what he loves. I expect him to go really well tomorrow.

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 23rd March 4:40 Curragh - Cheval Rouge (25/1 Boyles) 1pt Win Second in this race last year off a 2lb lower mark and surprising if the plan has not been to come back for another crack this year. No problem with the prevailing ground conditions and stays further than a mile. Is drawn low which may be a slight disadvantage, particularly when many of the more fancied runners are drawn on the other side, nevertheless would rather be drawn low than drawn in the middle. Of those at the top end of the market, I think Stuccodor has a definite chance but he does have quite a big weight and backing 9/2 shots in 21 runner handicaps is not for me, Shipyard also looks interesting but his lack of experience in races of this nature may well find him out and there has to be a question mark over his stamina having won his maiden over 6f, Afonso De Sousa is probably the most interesting of the fancied runners and he has some smart form top races but he has a big weight as a result and his draw is far from ideal.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.